Thread: Re: Major Update In October?

Default Re: Major Update In October?

Andrei, Looks like after gathering a Critical Mass of likely voters for his MP3 features, FC may be very closed of running for Governor of the state of MP3 ;D ;D .
    Now the next logical step will be triggering either an automatic recall or if that fails try to impeach you 8). Don't you see what he is doing to all of us CD lovers ;D 8) ;D.
    We should stand firm against his demands ;D ;D
    Peace 8)

Fingerprints are the worst enemy to a CD lover.
    FC if that is the only reason you can find to convince me of supporting you and making me part of your Critical Mass of supporters ;D ;D ...
    Well you have succeded :-/ :-/ :-/
    Although,I was hopping 4 something more convincing ;D.
    Thank you 4 taking all of this with good humour. You are the men ;D 8).
    PS: Do try again harder ;D 8) 8) :P

Try one of these jukebox's if you realy need one :-*

[url]http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=RTXsG3E_TTbsAE5tF87mED4uYj-mLyraECA=?CategoryName=hav_HiFiComponents_CDPlayer s&Dept=hav[/url]

And are you realy going to fill all your harddrive space with mp3 files ? how sad, better spending your $$ on something better than harddrives.

Moredun

Not only that, Moredun, but these MP3 files can be corrupted or lost as we all know. I rather have fingerprints on my CD's than having months of work wiped out, don't you think.
    MP3's are practical and convenient but storage may require in some instance huge amount of memory space at the expense of other utilities. As FC likes to put it, it's a matter of choice...
    But the question I'm asking here is: Does anybody willing to make that choice...

2 features I would kill for...

1. Simple option to change icon(s) in content tree for any album (could be a pull down menu in album properties)

2. Right click option to 'play whole album' for mp3 albums

I can 't imagine either of these would be hard to implement. If both these features were available, I would rush to purchase this program (I'm currently on day 5 of my trial).

I have already purchased the license so I could use the software to catalog my music collection. In addition to organizing and cataloging my music, I would like to be able to listen to a particular Album/Artist/Tracks when inspired by looking through my music database via OrangeCD.

For me, having my music cataloged in OrangeCD provides a way to review and browse my music collection. Often, while reading through my various Artist/Album/Track notes, I get the desire to queue up some music and read about it while listening to it. This allows me to add 'personal notes/ratings' to my database. This cannot be accomplished yet with OrangeCD.

If you have any kind of a music collection at all, and have taken the time to add Album Covers and Notes to it, then surely you have shown it to your friends.....I have, and inevitably they end up wanting to hear much of the music because of the endless information I have added to my database in OrangeCD - I am then stuck telling them "Sorry, the software does not have that ability"......What a shame! Not only can they not listen to the Albums/Tracks they have requested, but they are left feeling that the software would be a waste of their time should they desire to use it.

Seriously, if you are a true music connoisseur, you MUST see the need for the Jukebox and various MP3 functions within OrangeCD.

Just my thoughts on the software....

CrumbCat

This has been a hot topic for a while and I am not sure I understand what you are asking for. I would like the play album function because that would be very useful but why a jukebox? There are alot of programs that play MP3s; I use MusicMatch. When I click on the "play" link in Orange CD that track is added to the playlist in MusicMatch and I can compile a whole play list that way. Is this what everyone is asking for? Why does it need to be part of Orange CD?

I am a real CD lover because I have all my CDs ripped to MP3s on a huge hard drive and I do love the convience of playing any album or track at just the press of a button. It's just that they play with MusicMatch.

Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Batman
    This has been a hot topic for a while and I am not sure I understand what you are asking for. I would like the play album function because that would be very useful but why a jukebox? There are alot of programs that play MP3s; I use MusicMatch. When I click on the "play" link in Orange CD that track is added to the playlist in MusicMatch and I can compile a whole play list that way. Is this what everyone is asking for? Why does it need to be part of Orange CD?

I am a real CD lover because I have all my CDs ripped to MP3s on a huge hard drive and I do love the convience of playing any album or track at just the press of a button. It's just that they play with MusicMatch.

Batman

i think the main point is that, when you click on the track and click play, it plays the song (or queues it in MusicMatch apparently) this is ok, but it would be nice to be able to click on the entire album and for Orange to queue it up automatically, without needing to go through and click on each and every track, cos that would take ages...i like to create nice big playlists while im studying....it would even be nice to be able to queue all the albums in Genre X (eg queue all the classical stuff) which im sure mustnt be all that more difficult than the programming of the entire Orange suite...surely its a relatively easy mod???

[quote author=FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN link=board=orangecd_general;num=1062158086;start=0 #12 date=09/06/03 at 10:55:38]You notice Andrei has not once Posted in this thread yet he post in every other one?
    Please, Please, Please, Andrei, Post something Quick or do something for FC ;D.
    I'm getting tired of him complaining all the time... ;D :P. I'm becoming Sympathetic to his cause ;D ;D. Give him som'thing to appease him. He is suffering from accute MP3ose syndrom ;D .

FC ;D
    8)