Thread: CDrun 2.3 & freedb

Default CDrun 2.3 & freedb

I have a quick question.

(It really is not about the player CDRun3.2 specifically. You could substitute any player for the question.)

Why would CDrun 2.3 be able to read the CD information right at start up while the disk does not seem to be in the freedb or cddb database.

My example is a disk I made called "Complete 1971 BBC Recordings" by Pink Floyd. The disk is 1 track for the entire disk. When I put in the disk into the cd drive-CD 3.2 comes up and it shows "Complete 1971 BBC Recordings" but when I try to add it to my database by scanning the disk with freedb-approx 10 possibilities pop up, but not one is even remotely close to "Complete 1971 BBC Recordings" .

Even when I ask for disk info in CDrun it tells me there is nothing in freedb that matches it. So how does the player know but freedb and cddb doesn't?

Thanks so much
    Mark

Default Re: CDrun 2.3 & freedb

Hi tase2,

Did you make the CD yourself? I mean, not just copied it? In that case, it's unique and would of course not be in any database.

However, as it shows in your CD-player, it seems that you entered some information yourself (either in the file names, the CD name or (less) possibly within the files). If so, your CD player is able to pick up and display such info, like Sony(?)'s CD-text.

If you really did make this CD yourself, you should NOT submit it to any database (CDDB or freeDB) if prompted, but you can of course add it to your local database (Orange).

Hope this explained, or meaybe I was totally lost...

-Kjetil