Thread: external drive and formats

Guest Guest

Default external drive and formats

Hello there, I am just reviewing the Orange CD Catalog. I like it so far ... apart of two things:

1) I store my MP3-files on an external 60 GB-harddrive which is connected to my PC via USB 1.1. I have no problems scanning it, and impoting the ID3-data but when I click "play" it seems to start the CD-drive, asking me to "insert the media with volume lable 'Externaldrive'". So I can't play any MP3s from the Catalog.

2) Some albums I have in several formats. It would be great if I didn't need three entries for the same album which I have on vinyl, on CD and in MP3.

All the best
    Lars

Default Re: external drive and formats

Quote Originally Posted by Lars Kabel
    1) I store my MP3-files on an external 60 GB-harddrive which is connected to my PC via USB 1.1. I have no problems scanning it, and impoting the ID3-data but when I click "play" it seems to start the CD-drive, asking me to "insert the media with volume lable 'Externaldrive'". So I can't play any MP3s from the Catalog.
    Looks like serious issue. OrangeCD incorrectly detects your drive as CD-ROM device. I will take a look at first opportunity. Thanks for posting,

Andrei

Quote Originally Posted by FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN
    I told you along time ago Andrei that this whole Program has issues with MP3s that need to be worked out.But you keep pushing it off to work on other areas.

And you better tell Lars here that he will not be able to Play a Whole Album when he right Clicks and selects Play.And tell him also that he can not Queue any of his Songs up in a Playlist.
    Would you stop moaning? Please....

FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN

hmmm... i don't know what other people think, but i must say, that i am little annoyed by your endless repeating requests.

the fact that you purchased this piece of soft, not making you an owner of Firetongue.

If you really need quick access to your album collection, I recommend great winamp plugins:

MEXP
    Album List
    or even casual winamp's Media Library.

cheers.

gofer, F_C is tryin' hard to have the highest number of Posts ;D.
    157 and counting ;D 8)

Quote Originally Posted by FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN
    ;D And speaking of this Forum.This Place needs work also.Look at them Smileys I just put up there.....they do not even work right.

And did you notice how long it took Andrei to do Maintenance on this little Forum of OrangeCD?What Maintenance had to be done? :-/

We have a Forum of 48,222 registered members and 433,663 posts.It never needs cleaning up..and if it did it would not take that Long.

I think Andrei needs some MODs(granit would make a nice one ) to run the Forum and maybe he can work on Orange to get things done faster.Because we all know it is just him doing everything.When it takes a Team.....not just one Man.

FC 8)
    Yes, I indeed think that the forum rules must be revised. The amount of posts in each topic that are unrelated to the original question is way too high. FC - you are the absolute leader in this. Why do you think every poster is interested in your opinion on mp3 support/jukebox features?

I would enjoy having the ability to "Play a Full Album" and "Queue up Songs in a Play-list" as well. A Jukebox would be incredible, but we can hope for that at a much later time.

As a writer of a small Music-related Newsletter, I often find inspiration from the music I listen to.

One of the main reasons I PURCHASED OrangeCD, was in order to have a database of my music along with a variety of Notes / Ratings / Album Art.

More often than not, I find myself wanting to listen to an album / artist / genre while writing about it. Since I use OrangeCD while writing, it would be nice to queue the Album or a particular set of songs which I am reading / writing about.

I have had friends and colleagues here in my office who, while reading one of my columns, have asked to hear the music I have written about. When I tell them it is not possible for OrangeCd to play the songs as a group, they are immediately turned-off by the program.

I used to try to talk them into giving the software a chance, but I must admit I am growing tired of trying to sell others on OrangeCD with it's current limitations regarding MP3 functionality (or lack thereof).

I would like to know, Andrei - is anything MP3-related being worked on, and if so, do you have an approximate date we could expect it's release?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Respectfully,

CrumbCat