Thread: Reference Number

Default Reference Number

How do you get the reference number to display in the content tree? I don't even see it under the customize options.

Batman

Default Re: Reference Number

I am glad you asked this about reference numbers.Because I have always wanted to know about this.

What does Automatic Numbering mean anyway when you go to Preferences.....Numbers?

What does Style and Width do?Assign Reference Numbers to new Albums?What does it all mean? :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Batman
    How do you get the reference number to display in the content tree? I don't even see it under the customize options.
    You cannot add Reference Number to the tree view. It is not allowed. All numbers are different, so you would end up having many folders with just one album in each of them.

Andrei

Quote Originally Posted by Firetongue

You cannot add Reference Number to the tree view. It is not allowed. All numbers are different, so you would end up having many folders with just one album in each of them.

Andrei
    Are you going to answer my Questions? :-/

Quote Originally Posted by FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN
    I am glad you asked this about reference numbers.Because I have always wanted to know about this.

What does Automatic Numbering mean anyway when you go to Preferences.....Numbers?

What does Style and Width do?Assign Reference Numbers to new Albums?What does it all mean? :-/
    OrangeCD can automatically generate a reference number for each new CD or LP album. It is easier to think of this number as of physical location of CD on a shelf. Style and width settings define how this number will look. For example, it can be "0045" or "D-0045" or even "rock-0045".

Note the numbers are automatically generated for LP and CD albums only. No MP3s.

Renumber feature does exactly what it is named after - it renumbers the range of albums according to the selected style.

I can get the list if I use one of the custom fields to enter my reference numbers but you are right I get a list of folders with one ablum in each of them.

Batman

I have just been trying to figure something out with reference numbers myself...

I have several different databases and would like to set a reference number based on DB name then a number. I know there are a couple of options for the numbering convention, but is there any way to have a fixed prefix? For example I have a db that is for soundtracks only. Could I set the numbering convention to be sndtrk-#### for all the albums entered into that db regardless of how I have the artist or category?

[quote=MRC]is there any way to have a fixed prefix?

Quote Originally Posted by MRC
    just thought I'd bump this back up to the top, hopefully someone will know if this is possible...
    Unfortunately, it is not possible. Ref# can only be generated from capital letter of artist's name or from the category. I think you need to disable automatic numbering and enter numbers manually.