Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Import features

Default Re: Import features

Michael,

Thank you. You are right, I completely forgot about this possibility! Regards,

Andrei

I'm going to dig this topic back up again -- has a flat file import facility been added to OrangeCD in the year since this thread was last active?

My current dataset is 5000+ rows in an Excel spreadsheet and I want to get as many of the fields I store moved over as possible. Right now this includes artist, xref artist, title, format, country of release, label, catalog number, release date, purchase date, purchase location, and price. OrangeCD is perfect for me because between the native fields and the custom field labels, I should be able to retain everything. I can transform my raw data to whatever format's necessary in order to get it loaded into an OrangeCD database, but freedb and cdplayer.ini are too skimpy to hold all the stuff I'm keeping track of, so they won't work as the interim format.

Any ideas?

[quote=Ernie_Longmire]I'm going to dig this topic back up again -- has a flat file import facility been added to OrangeCD in the year since this thread was last active?
    My current dataset is 5000+ rows in an Excel spreadsheet and I want to get as many of the fields I store moved over as possible.