Thread: Artist sorting question

Default Artist sorting question

Example: Primary name: Billy Joel, sort name: Joel, Billy.

In the "Category+Artist (no tracks)" tree view, which is what I normally use, the artist folders are sorted by last name, which is what I prefer.

In the "Category" tree view, everything is sorted by the artist's FIRST name. Is there any way to have the selected sort name apply to all views?

Default Re: Artist sorting question

and while we're on this topic, is there a way to edit the artist table without going to each individual album?

For example, some of my CD's are entered as:

Artist: Billy Joel and Sort: Joel, Billy

and others are entered

Artist: Joel, Billy and Sort: Joel, Billy

Is there anyway to go into the table and change a particular artist entry, thus changing ALL cd's entered with the wrong info to the right info?

Thanks.

M

[quote=rantam]Example:

Quote Originally Posted by MRC
    Is there anyway to go into the table and change a particular artist entry, thus changing ALL cd's entered with the wrong info to the right info?
    If you change the artist's sort name or spelling, all albums will be updated automatically. So you only need to visit each artist once. There is no need to edit each album separately.

And yes, you can switch to the "Artist" mode in the tree view, and that will give you a complete list of all artists that you have in database.