Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: enqueue in Winamp

Default enqueue in Winamp

I just downloaded the new version of Winamp 5.1. When I click play from OrangeCD, the song begins. I have the default in Winamp to enqueue, but there does not seem to be an option for OrangeCD to do this. It worked with the older version of Winamp. Any thoughts> John

Default Re: enqueue in Winamp

[quote=shotofindigo]I just downloaded the new version of Winamp 5.1.

Thanks for the response...that is the strange part; double clicking in Explorer does enqueue the song...that is why I have resorted to the message board.....

You can modify the Winamp.File/Play/Command in the windows registry to be "winamp5.exe" /add "%1". This way the MP3 file is always enqueued when you hit play.

You can also include the /add switch in the Orange custom playlist command line if you want the playlist to be enqueued.

Batman

Guest Guest

cool, made it do this, but can i make winamp "forget" the current playlist once i close it? i.e. upon leaving the program, the playlist gets emptied?

might be obvious, but i missed it

Guest Guest

k, i found out that oyu need a plugin (according to winamp forums) so ive gone back to Quintessential Player, which i really like

You do not need a Plug In.I got the Code from one of the Mods (DJ Egg) over on the WinAMP Forum along time ago.

"C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe" /ADD "%1"

If you would of did a search through this Forum for "WinAMP" or searched the WinAMP Forum for " OrangeCD" you would of seen FC has found all the information you need.

Why?

;D Because FuNkY CaPrIcOrN

Guest Guest

hey FC....havent spoken to you in a while, hows tricks?

anyhow, reread my post, you drunken fool, i got that bit, but when i closed winamp, i wanted it to forget the playlist, but it didnt-it just added the new stuff id queued to the end of the old one

but anyhow, im gonna stick with qcd, cos ive found a nice little toolbar addon, which looks great

Catch you on SS sometime mate

-V15-

Clear the Winamp playlist. Close Winamp. Go to Winamp directory, i.e. c:\program files\winamp or wherever. Right click on the file winamp.m3u. Chose properties. Click "read only" and then click apply and OK. Now Winamp will always open with playlist empty.

Quote Originally Posted by vivitron 15
    hey FC....havent spoken to you in a while, hows tricks?

anyhow, reread my post, you drunken fool, i got that bit, but when i closed winamp, i wanted it to forget the playlist, but it didnt-it just added the new stuff id queued to the end of the old one

but anyhow, im gonna stick with qcd, cos ive found a nice little toolbar addon, which looks great

Catch you on SS sometime mate

-V15-

Guest Guest

wow, cheers shotofindigo, that sounds pretty much what i was after...

maybe i will take another look at winamp