Thread: slow performance

Default slow performance

Something I've been dealing with for months now but keep forgetting to ask about is the slowness I've noticed.

A while back, somewhere between adding disc 2500 and 3000, I noticed that the database started struggling to refresh.

It's at the point now where it takes anywhere between 30 to 60 seconds after I modify an entry (say, add a cover or change an album field) for the hourglass to disappear and return control to me. Getting into an album properties is never a problem, getting back out is.

The "start page" button only works if i click on it repeatedly (like five or six times) and even then it doesn't return to the start page half the time. Once I'm there it's very quick to take me to an album, but getting back is a trial.

I have compressed numerous times, so that isn't the issue. Is it just getting too big? The database itself is at 39.4MB. I've upgraded the version twice since I noticed the problem so the version isn't an issue.

System info if you want it: win xp pro SP1, 29GB free on its home partition (the same as the database), 1.25GB RAM.

Help!

Default Re: slow performance

Additionally, I defrag on a weekly basis. That was the first thing I thought of.

[quote=gecko]Something I've been dealing with for months now but keep forgetting to ask about is the slowness I've noticed.

My Machine is slow compared to nowadays.I am on a 1.0 GHZ AMD with 448 RAM.

Go to Preferences.....Imaging.

Store Covers in External files, I have mine set to store them externally if they exceed 0 kb.....all the Covers.

Also try and only use Jpegs.....you get the same Quality and they are much smaller in size.

My Database runs really fast...not slow at all.

I have.....

Size: 14.90 megabytes

Total records: 4937

And like others have said.Compact your Database on a regular Basic after adding alot.

And do not add big Album Covers.Get them from amazon.com or allmusic.com.

You do not need them too big.

*I copyed some of this from Past Post I have made.*