Thread: Beta 3 and covers

Default Beta 3 and covers

I have downloaded the beta 3 in anticipation of downloading the covers, but unless I am missing something I don't see that option. I have a couple of listings with no covers. How can I get the cover for that album.

Thanks.

Default Re: Beta 3 and covers

Go to Album Funtion at top of the Program and select "Add from Amazon".

Andrei I have to say a few things about the new BETA.

I thought you were talking about being able to grab a Cover from off Amazon inside Record Properties.Just the Cover.

You know go in there and instead of selecting load and getting one from your PC.You could select "Grab from Internet".

And have a Option to choose from either Amazon or allmusic.com.....and maybe other sites.

Allmusic.com is the Bible of Music for alot of People.That is not a Joke either.Almost everybody calls it that.And it has almost every Album Cover.

I know I have already asked you to look into the Problem of Extracting Names.That is really more important to me right now then anything.And I know you will figure something out.You always do.

But I think what most People were hopeing for is just something to grab the Cover.That is it.

By the way.I have a guy looking into the CueCat barcode scanner.He has one and I do not.So can not try it out.Hopefully it does good.Might have to go get one.

Keep up the good work Andrei.You always surprising me with these Features you add.Like that CueCat barcode scanner.When I read about it I I thought "who in the hell is going to use that?".And then a buddy says he has one he has not used for years.

FC

I actually went out and ordered a Cuecat scanner on ebay... about $12 after shipping (though they used to be free a few years back...)

Andrei added cuecat scanner support?
    The day after of me adding all my collection with a cuecat sitting in the drawer next to me??!
    Aw man!!

But, good move Andrei. Thanks

Cheers,

FC

Can't you just go to Amazon or Allmusic and find the album, then right-click and select Copy, then go to OrangeCD Catalog and select the album, go to the Cover tab, then hit the Paste button.

I have used this method successfully for many, many albums (but not from Amazon, so I'm not sure if it will work).

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by rcarljohnson
    FC

Can't you just go to Amazon or Allmusic and find the album, then right-click and select Copy, then go to OrangeCD Catalog and select the album, go to the Cover tab, then hit the Paste button.

I have used this method successfully for many, many albums (but not from Amazon, so I'm not sure if it will work).

Bob
    Yes a person can do that.I usually just drop and drag the Album Cover with no Problems.

But alot of People want this Feature and Andrei sees that and is working on it.

I need to say that I have found out Beta 4 will have it where you can grab just the Cover.So really I should just delete what I Posted. :P