Thread: Barcode scanning

Default Barcode scanning

I see in the new beta release that you have added barcode scanning as an option to get information into the OrangeCD database. My question is can I use any barecode scanner or must I only use the CueCat scanner discribed in the beta release information? If I can only use the CueCat where can I get one? (already searched online. Alot of discuissions on how to modify it but none for sale) Also, if I can :P only use the CueCat do I have to modify it?

Guest Guest

Default Re: Barcode scanning

Quote Originally Posted by allclear
    I see in the new beta release that you have added barcode scanning as an option to get information into the OrangeCD database. My question is can I use any barecode scanner or must I only use the CueCat scanner discribed in the beta release information? If I can only use the CueCat where can I get one? (already searched online. Alot of discuissions on how to modify it but none for sale) Also, if I can :P only use the CueCat do I have to modify it?
    I found a lot of stores selling USB and PS2 CueCats on Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by allclear
    Theoretically, you can use any scanner that simulates keystrokes, for example, by plugging in the keyboard port. However I don't know of any other model. If you buy the scanner from e-bay, make sure to get modified one. Current beta will not work with original (unmodified) version yet.

I am now waiting for the unmodified scanner to arrive in mail, so I can add support for unmodified output as well.

Thanks for the feedback. I've found the modified CueCat on EBay and have one on it's way.