Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorting

Default Re: Sorting

Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    Is it possible that you could add a few more icons for use with cassettes and 8-tracks and other formats? Perhaps you could put some generic icons that a user could personalize.
    The icon set will probably be extended in future, but so far I don't have the icons, so can't promise anything.

You didn't answer my other question. Can all CDs be displayed from a "parent" folder with sub folders for 2CD, 3CD, Box Sets, etc.? Likewise for LPs (all vinyl displayed together, regardless of whether it is LP, 2LP, 12" vinyl, etc.)
    No, it can't be done since format strings for these albums are different (LP vs. 2LP). They will always end up in different folders.

Default Re: Sorting

Would it be a major task for you to incorporate such a feature in a future version? In my option, to display ALL albums on a specific media (CD, Vinyl, tape, etc.) should be a basic function.

Your program has helped me in shopping at local record shops for items to add to my collection. I don't do it very often, but sometimes I buy a record or CD that I already own. Since I frequent their stores so much, a few owners allow me to return items which I've duplicated.

I'd love to see a "split screen" thing with vinyl on one side and CD on the other that can be scrolled up and down. A feature like that would be extremely useful, Especially with multi-disc albums. Quite a few vinyl double albums are reissued on one CD or triple on 2 discs, etc. Some Cds are also reissued with "bonus tracks".

Quite some time ago, you told me in an e-mail that you would probably fix a feature that I've found has become useless for me. It's the drop down list for typing record label. It's far easier to type the label name than to wait for the list to load. It would be more functional if, as the user types a few letters, it jumps alphabetically on this list.

Is it possible to list "sides" for vinyl albums? For instance, record one of a double album has 3 tracks on side one and 7 tracks on side two. The program will list record one as tracks 1-10. I'd like to see "side one" 1-3 and "side two" 1-7. The sides often don't match.

I'll use George Harrison's "Concert For Bangla Desh" as an example. It is a 3 record album on vinyl (2 discs on CD). Record One has Side One on one side with Side 6 on the other. Record Two has Side 2 & 5 and Record Three has 3 & 4.

With this particular album, Record One lists tracks 1-3 in OCD. I'd like to see "Side One: 1. Bangla Ghun (Ravi Shankar) and Side 6: 1. Something (George Harrison) 2. Bangla Desh (George Harrison)". Could this be possible in a later version?

Are there any other programs to extract tracks for vinyl albums besides FreeDB? I've found many albums of mine (I haven't begun to scratch the surface) that, although not "rare", per se, haven't been issued on CD. Any suggestions would be appreciated.