Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Automatically add new CDs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Automatically add new CDs

Is it just me or did it happen to anyone else?

I've just upgraded to 5.2.0, and the Automatically add new Cds feature box is checked but it stoped working!

Now I have to do it manualy!!! ???

I've checked it out and on again but still doesn't work :-/

Can I have some explanation on this (no I didn't change anything else on the computer!!!)

Default Re: Automatically add new CDs

I had the same problem, but unticking then re-ticking the box fixed it. You said you tried this already?

Of course I did, first thing I've tried

But it's still not working, could it be some incompatibility with Windows 2000? ???

I tested "Scan CD-ROM" but did not find any anomalies. The behavior changed a little as result of optimizations since the last release, but it still works for me.

Does anyone still see the problem? If so, what was the initial state of checkboxes in dialog, and what did you do afterwards?

Andrei

Hi Andrei,

Just to give you one more tip to help with the problem, that stands the same.

It is just enough if I click the box to select the CD drive to start functioning! I mean I don't have to change anything just click the box and it starts working! If I don't do anything it hangs on the Scan CD dialog box, and I have and had before the Automatically add... feature checked!

Hope you find out what's happening!

P.S: Should I uninstall and install Orange CD and see what happens? And my settings (Preferences) will they disappear?

Quote Originally Posted by RSF
    P.S: Should I uninstall and install Orange CD and see what happens? And my settings (Preferences) will they disappear?
    No, they won't disappear.

I am still unable to see this problem

Andrei

Guest Guest

:'( I too have this problem since beta 2. I did not scan CDs with beta 1, but I believe it is due to the new way Scan CD is behaving since than: Improved Scan CD-ROM feature performance: now it uses device change notification instead of a timer.

I have disabled the autoplay for CD and DVD drives with TweakUI and I think OrangeCD is depending on this notification?

Personally I would like this 'improvement' reversed, or maybe as an option so the user can choose which way should be used?

;D btw I like the new add from Amazon option, I think it is great for filling a wish list. If only there was a way to separate the wishes from the CDs you really own, but that is something for 5.3?

Eric,

The wish list feature is already in OrangeCD Catalog now. Just un-click the In Collection check-box on the Record Properties page.

Bob

[quote=rcarljohnson]Eric,

The wish list feature is already in OrangeCD Catalog now.

Guest Guest

[quote=rcarljohnson]Eric,

The wish list feature is already in OrangeCD Catalog now.