Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 CD entries for a dual CD set

Default 2 CD entries for a dual CD set

How can I combine and contents of a 2 CD set into a single entry in the treeview? I have a number of various artists 2-CD ssets from Germany and want them to be a single entry (with all 15 tracks from CD1 and 18 tracks from CD2 combined into one entry).

Can this be done?

Default Re: 2 CD entries for a dual CD set

I believe you have to make sure that both of them have the EXACT same Title (no "Disc 1" and "Disc 2"), then under "# in set" list the first one as "1/2" and the second as "2/2" and that should do it....

The question that I have is that once you do this you can't edit the second disc...or can you?

Quote Originally Posted by brossmac
    I believe you have to make sure that both of them have the EXACT same Title (no "Disc 1" and "Disc 2"), then under "# in set" list the first one as "1/2" and the second as "2/2" and that should do it....

The question that I have is that once you do this you can't edit the second disc...or can you?
    Is this in fact, or is it "I believe"? I ask this because, I have my sets named, as stated above, and i'm still haveing trouble with some of them.

Question::
    1) Does Orange CD read the tagged name, or the name you give the folder?

2) Do I need to Tag & Rename the album names? or can I just name the folder?

I don't know how it works with MP3s. I only did it with CDs.

[quote=dugn]How can I combine and contents of a 2 CD set into a single entry in the treeview?

[quote=5thfret]

Is this in fact, or is it "I believe"? I ask this because, I have

Andrei:

I have some questions related to this topic.

This a feature that I only recently discovered. I've been using the program for about a year but never saw this until I recently began entering vinyl albums. I never saw it before because I was entering "(Disc #)" with each multi-disc CD album. I went through my collection and deleted the "(Disc #)" for most of my multi-disc albums.

Here's a few problems I've encountered:

It seems I can't do this for box sets. I would have to change The "Box Set" format to the number in set format (2CD, 3CD, etc.). If I do that then I lose to ability to list box sets in my collection.

Another quirk is the fact that some of the multi-disc albums have more than one format. For example, one of the discs may be an "enhanced CD" or "bonus DVD". If I list a bonus DVD as "3/3 in a 3CD format", I lose the ability to list by "DVD format".

If there is no way to currently resolve this, I would suggest making a "flag" check box somewhere in the "record properties" for a future version. I'm sure that some users find "flags" like "rare item", "private entry", soundtrack", etc. useful, but in my opinion, if a person has rare items in a collection he/she would know it and there couldn't be that many if they were "rare". I don't know what "private entry" means. "Soundtracks" can be listed by "genre" and "sub-genre" in addition to the "flag" checkbox. I'd like to see one or two in addition (or in lieu) of these. Perhaps you can make them so they are "programable" to a user's preference.

Another thing I've noticed is that only the album cover for Disc One in a multi-set is displayed. I have quite a few sets where each disc in a set has a different cover. Could you make it so that if a disc in a set has a different cover than others in the set, it is properly displayed? The only way around this, that I can see, is to revert to replacing the "Disc #) with the titles of these particular albums.

Also, sometimes various discs within a set have different titles. Is there a way that this too could be resolved? Perhaps a "sub-title" box might be a solution.

I hope you haven't labelled me a complainer (I'm not). I like using your program and I think it's great. I did, however, notice that you ignored my questions in my last post under the topic "Sorting" (dated March 12th).

Thanks and best regards,

Tony

Guest Guest

Ok - I must be stupid - have tried many times to get these discs to combine and display as one title - can't do it - what am I missing? any magic button I have to push? everything appears to be entered the same. Thoughts?

Jeff,
    Try this....
    When you click on the "scan media" tab in the tool tray, and the "add media files" window pops up, uncheck both "get info from tags" boxes, on the top of the list. Do check, "get info from file and directory names".

Then when you locate the file to be added....
    Both cd's must have the same name exactly, (artist name and album title) you then need to set the first cd to 1/2 and the second to 2/2.

worked for me

But...I am having problems w/ multi titled cd box sets like 14 different various artist cd's. Tony, if you get it solved, post it here would ya?

Hi Tony,

Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    It seems I can't do this for box sets. I would have to change The "Box Set" format to the number in set format (2CD, 3CD, etc.). If I do that then I lose to ability to list box sets in my collection.
    No, it should work. Just leave the format the same for all items (e.g. "3CD" for triple album) and enter numbers in #in set. These fields are independent.

Another quirk is the fact that some of the multi-disc albums have more than one format. For example, one of the discs may be an "enhanced CD" or "bonus DVD". If I list a bonus DVD as "3/3 in a 3CD format", I lose the ability to list by "DVD format".
    Unfortunately, you are right, you cannot do this. This issue will be addressed in next update - at least, you will be able to enter subtitles, e.g. "Bonus disc".

Another thing I've noticed is that only the album cover for Disc One in a multi-set is displayed. I have quite a few sets where each disc in a set has a different cover. Could you make it so that if a disc in a set has a different cover than others in the set, it is properly displayed? The only way around this, that I can see, is to revert to replacing the "Disc #) with the titles of these particular albums.
    Only first item cover is displayed in current version. I am not sure if sub-item cover display will be enabled and how soon. Obviously if there is big demand for it it will done at some point.

[quote]Also, sometimes various discs within a set have different titles. Is there a way that this too could be resolved? Perhaps