Thread: covers and external files

Default covers and external files

Default Re: covers and external files

First Compact your Database and then save it.The default to where it is saved is the Orange Directory(where Orange is installed).

Look for a Folder called whatever your Database is named.Like mine says "Music Collection_covers".That is where all your Covers are located.

FC

I've compacted successfully. I failed to find the 'save' option. Are you referring to making a backup? I did that as well, and at that point, I received a prompt notifying me I must manually back up my images. ...no kidding!!! that's what i'm trying to do!! sheesh talk about a catch 22 :-/
    If you are referring to exporting the data base to HTML, I've already done that too. which of course creates a 'covers' folder with the images contained with in.
    I was under the impression the program would save the images without importing to HTML.

I have all my images saved as "<album name>.jpg" and of course the HTML saves them, but saves them with numeric extensions. I would hate to manually change them back to names :'(
    I guess my question should be: "how does one save the images to file, with out haveing to export to HTML"?
    Thank You for your patients and understanding

Hi 5thfret,

OrangeCD does stores covers with file names looking as numbers it's the CDDB ID number of the CD, meaning it's in hexadecimal numbering and it's a unique number referring to that CD (guess someone thought it would be better than writing the name... and it is - just think if you had two CDs with the same name !)

Your cover CDs should be - HAVE TO BE - in the sub-directory of the directory you have the database, as FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN explains better than me! Just don't look for the files with the name you had put. They're just like when you do the HTML exporting thing (which you don't have to do!), a lot of files looking like this one 0e124a56.jpg or something like that.

Got that ???

What it means when it tells you that you have to "manually back up my images". is that the Covers are not saved with the Database File.

*I am trying to explain this the best I can. :-/*

Like when I take my Database over to another PC I have to take the Database File(.dab) and the Folder that is holding all the Covers.

And when I burn my Database to CDR I save both them also.

Click on that Image and look what I have circled.That is where all your Covers are Stored.In the OrangeCD Directory.Where ever that is installed on your PC.

FC 8)

I started another database, and the images are there now.