Thread: Can the new version extract cover art from ID3 tag

Default Can the new version extract cover art from ID3 tag

I just downloaded the new version 5.2.0.7523 and am evaluating it. I have over 1200 CDs that I have ripped to my HDD and all of them have had their ID3 tags edited to include cover art. The cover art appears in music match, win media player, or any other player with a cover art display option.

When I scanned my mp3 directory with Orange, all of my ID3 tag info has shown up but not the cover art. Please don't tell me I have to spend all that time re-downloading cover art for over 1200 albums. I realize Orange finds the covers through amazon on its own, but I would still have to manually click on each album to tell it to do this, right? Or is there a way to search for all covers at once? Thanks.

BTW, any plans to build in some type of Id3 tag editor? That's the only thing I use music match for is there "super tagging" feature which I really like.

Default Re: Can the new version extract cover art from ID3

[quote=clash1]I just downloaded the new version 5.2.0.7523 and am evaluating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firetongue
    What software did you use to add covers to your ID3 tags? In most cases, OrangeCD can retrieve the covers out of tags. It may depend on the tagging software though. I will try to find out why it does not work in your case.

Andrei
    I used Music Match 8.0 to add the cover art. Some covers were added automatically by Music Match when I ripped the CDs, and some were added through its super tagging feature.

I even tried using Orange's "rescan" feature and it still didn't extract the covers.

Thanks for the help.

Hello,

I've got the same problem with file ripped with itunes.
    It will be so cool if it works ;D

Very good soft :-*
    Good day

[quote=clash1]
    I used Music Match 8.0 to add the cover art.

All of them. All of the ones created by MusicMatch. Plus all of the ones I got from other sources that were created by who knows what.

Total of over 20,000 files.