Thread: Freedb data correction & various suggestions

Default Freedb data correction & various suggestions

Hello Andrei,
    I think it would be nice if Freedb data could be 'corrected' before they're written to the database, just like it's possible to do in the foobar2000 freedb search feature.

I mean, I'd appreciate a feature which allowed to Capitalize Every Word Of The Title (and maybe any other field, even better) - this would save me having to correct the titles every time.

Also, I'd like to be able to jump to a specific point of my collection, in the list view, just writing the first letters of the field which I use to sort the CDs.

For example, if they're sorted by Artist and I am looking for a CD by John Mayer, I'd write J O H and OrangeCD would take me to the first CD whose Artist starts with 'Joh'. Just like in windows explorer. That would be useful also for the 'year' and 'genre' fields and any other, I think.

And last thing, when I refresh the list of my CDs (while adding, for example) it takes me back to the top of the page, whereas I think it would be better to reload the page and move to the selection (would really save me a lot of scrolling down)

Thanks and congrats for the great program
    Efreet

Default Re: Freedb data correction & various suggestio

Quote Originally Posted by Efreet

I'd appreciate a feature which allowed to Capitalize Every Word Of The Title (and maybe any other field, even better) - this would save me having to correct the titles every time.

Something we have been asking for awhile now. :-/

;D But first things first.Allmusic.com Features. ;D

Hi Efreet,

Thanks for your suggestions, I think (1) and (2) will be added eventually. Not sure about (3), however - it may require some significant rewriting.

Regards

Andrei

Not sure if you've checked out MusicBrainz <[url]http://www.musicbrainz.org>[/url].

IMO, MusicBrainz is the best way to accurately tag &amp; rename your MP3's before importing into your collection.

I just started another feature request thread for adding MusicBrainz integration into OrangeCD ... lets hope that is accomodated. ;D

Feature Request Thread for MusicBrainz integration:
    [url]http://www.firetongue.com/boards/orangecd_suggest/1085241803.html[/url]