Thread: Posting collections online, and another question

Default Posting collections online, and another question

I'm fairly new to this program, and I am loving it so far. I was wondering, however, if there is a way for users to post their collections online, similar to the way DVDProfiler.com works. I ask because I do a radio show at school, and I'd like to let listeners see exactly what I have to play. If not, then is this a feature that is being worked on?

Also, when bands record albums, it's usually the same person or few people who write every song on the album. When I go to edit track information, having to enter in "Young, Young, Scott" (AC/DC, for those wondering) for every single track gets kind of tedious. Is there a way to do a batch edit? If not, is this feature also being worked on for future releases? Thanks a lot, and keep up the good work!

Default Re: Posting collections online, and another questi

You can easily post your colllection/database online by exporting to an HTML Template (I use the CMI template). Then all you need to do is take the HTML pages generated by Orange and ftp them to a website.

Hope this helps!

Bob

Guest Guest

But can they be posted to Firetongue's website? I don't have a site of my own or anything like that.

No, you can't upload the pages to firetongue's web site.

However, there are many sites that offer free web hosting, such as GeoCities, Tripod, etc...

For example, I have a basic music collection online using the HTML export feature of OrangeCD at:

[url]http://rickrosinski.tripod.com/music/index.html[/url]

Oh, okay, thanks. Still, can anyone answer my other question, about bulk editing of things like individual song credits? Thanks a lot guys

As far as I know there is no way to bulk edit anything at the track level.

However, you can bulk edit album info:

1. Select 'Entire collection' in the left pane
    2. Right click the right pane, and select Table (View) - as opposed to Thumbnail View
    3. Then select the albums you want to edit by clicking each album while holding down either the Shift or Ctrl key.
    4. Finally right click, and select Properties
    5. Now you can bulk edit any album property (except for track info)