Thread: MP3 add puts everything under Unknown Album

Guest Guest

Default MP3 add puts everything under Unknown Album

I've been evaluating this product and ran into a big problem when I try to add in MP3's from a folder. I have verified that all tags for ID3v1 and ID3v2 are set in Tag&Rename BUT they still always load in under the Unknown album and various artists folder.

If there is only 1 of these files in a folder, then it works correctly.. but if you have 100's (like I do), then it fall apart and doesn't work.

BTW: I've tried this will all permutations in the option box and they all produce the same results. Thx for looking into this so I can continue to eval this product.

Guest Guest

Default Re: MP3 add puts everything under Unknown Album

I was going to post about the same thing.
    I heard a lot of good things about this soft.
    I have several Albums who are fully tagged with ID3v1.1 and ID3v2 tags. It was checked with The God Father , Tag & Rename and Tagger. But orange cd will not grab the tagz from those album for unknow reasons.

Would like a responde about this , to see if i gonna buy it.

thanks

Are you talking Singles?This Program is mainly for Albums, Box Sets and EPs.

If you are scanning a folder with no name it will show unknown album.

Put all the Songs in a Folder with that Albums name.Then scan.That is how I do it.

Just trying to figure this one out for you guys.Andrie is not always around.He has alot to do.

And like he said to me before.The Forum is for people helping out others.

FC 8)

Guest Guest

I really liked this prog , gonna register here in the forums soon.

No , they were not singles.

Here is the problem

When i choose the list view of Orange , i noticed some album Year were not showing at the Year field of the table view.

I though that was weird because ALL my albums have all tags correct ! nights and nights of headache to do this :P

I checked the albums that were having this issue again , and they were corectly tagged.

So I went to the album info and noticed the track time was also missing from those same album.

I tough ... Maybe Orange didin't load the tagz corectly.
    I created another databse and scaned my folder bu unchecked the option to get info from file and folder name , because I know the tags are there and correct. this way forcing orange to sanc the id3 tag of those specific folders.

Thou it did not help and all those album were showing and unknow album unknow artist with unknow titles :P

Just weird , because the tagz are correct , winamp read it fine and do foobar.\

thanks

Kind Regards , Tadeu

Please , disregard all spelling erros on the post before ;D

# Software version and build number (find it in the "About" box).

# Windows version, including service packs and other fixes installed, US or international.

Windows XP pro , sp1 and all windows update fix up-to-date

Quote Originally Posted by Tadeu
    I have several Albums who are fully tagged with ID3v1.1 and ID3v2 tags. It was checked with The God Father , Tag & Rename and Tagger. But orange cd will not grab the tagz from those album for unknow reasons.
    I assume that "Get info from IDvXXX" options were checked when you attempted to import MP3 data? It would be too simple to fix otherwise.

Also, I need some clarification here to get an idea what's going on:
    - Do you have a lot of mp3 files in the same folder as previos poster suggests?
    - Do you have lyrics, covers or other substantial amount of data stored in the tags? I'm asking because it may sometimes depend on the tag size, which in its turn depends on whether you store covers or not.

Also, probably the best way to diagnose the problem is sending me by e-mail some small file that have this problem so I can debug it locally.

Andrei

I assume that "Get info from IDvXXX" options were checked when you attempted to import MP3 data? It would be too simple to fix otherwise.
    Yeah , off couse ;D

Do you have a lot of mp3 files in the same folder as previos poster suggests?
    No , all mp3 are in its own folder according to" artist - (year) album" format , all mp3 are ripped from cd using Eac + Lame 3.90.3/2 or 3.92 ( - aps) so no folder have more mp3s than an album have.

Do you have lyrics, covers or other substantial amount of data stored in the tags? I'm asking because it may sometimes depend on the tag size, which in its turn depends on whether you store covers or not
    Nope ... the only tags used by id3v1/v2 are album/artist/yeat/track/title/genre and small coments

All files are -aps/apx so they usualy 5.0+mb so its quite heavy to sending some samples over e-mail , but if you want to further debug this problem i can send them over aim/icq/msn
    aim: tcmjr15
    msn: [email]tcmj@hotmail.com[/email]

Guest Guest

If your MP3's have MP3 Gain info it can cause this

Quote Originally Posted by Tadeu
    heavy to sending some samples over e-mail , but if you want to further debug this problem i can send them over aim/icq/msn
    Yes, please send a smaller file that causes the problem to [email]orangecd@firetongue.com[/email]. This will make debugging much easier. Thanks in advance,

Andrei

Guest Guest

Exactly the same problem here. I have spent whole nights trying to fill all those tags. Using Tag & Rename. It's a pity orangecd cannot read tags properly because on the other side it offers the best html report generator.