Thread: Linking tracks...

Default Linking tracks...

Hello,

Here's the situation. I have previously ripped CDs into My Music and use WMP to play. I would like to have OrangeCD fill its database by scanning the My Music folder. Then, if I put a CD into the drive, be able to associate that CD with the previously ripped tracks. It seems if I scan the CD, OrangeCD creates a new, same named entry in the database (one with the lightning bolt icon, the other with a CD icon). This really is the same collection, its just that the tracks are located in two places (the CD and on the harddisk).

My question - can this duplication be eliminated somehow? It seems awkward to have two entries for every album.

Finally, I'd like the Reference Number to be created (and incremented) if the CD was not previously entered.

Default Re: Linking tracks...

Hi,

In my situation I have two db's, one for cds, the other for the cds as MP3's. It's not really the same collection as it's in two different places. Presumably WMP has filled in the ID tags from the net or is the filling in of entries that is the problem - I just really copy the cover from one db to the other after scanning the mp3's. Why are you playing the cd if you have the mp3's?

Regards

Hey Firetongue, can you comment on the possibility of my request for linking ripped tracks to their CD counterpart?

Stephen's suggestion below to have a second DB to manage tracks is good, but I'd like to avoid the "do I have this CD already ripped" manual switch and search back and forth between DBs.

Bumpity, Bump!