Thread: reference number doesnt update...

Default reference number doesnt update...

hello, ive been very happy with orangecd after using it for the past year or so. the only glitch that i see that affects me is the fact that the reference number doesnt update when i add a new mp3 album to orangecd (in the beta from last summer and also the beta from 3/29/05). after scanning, the new album shows up in table form, but the reference number is blank even though i have the option set to add a number. its not a big deal, but it would be nice if it worked. keep up the good work!

daniel britt

Default Re: reference number doesnt update...

Are you referring to the result you get when you export your collection using one of the templates (like Simple Table or Thumbnail Table)?

Or is the reference number missing in the OrangeCD theme (Default theme, Crisp)?

Hello Paul
    I have a similar problem with one of my database of 700+
    Cuban music CDs. Some of the reference counters are empty, others show the digital part of the result. Most of these were entered with older version of OCD suite. My Question to you:Is there an automatic way to reset the entire referencing of that particular database? Or should I do it manually :-/?
    I'm In the process of updating the categories, and is awaiting for your guidance.
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Al

I really don't know of any way to automatically update/edit the reference numbers. I've only used OCD for a year, so I don't know what the early versions of OCD were like.

However, now that you mention it I see that I also have several empty Reference number fields in my collection. But I really haven't used the number for anything.

Sorry I can't be of any help.

my use of it is that i use it to keep my folders in order numerically (ex: 0502 U2 - The Joshua Tree). i tie in the folder number with the reference number. since orangecd filters by both the numbers and alphabetically it doesnt matter where the folders are to get me the desired order.