Thread: H:\ drive Changed to G:\ -- Now what?!

Default H:\ drive Changed to G:\ -- Now what?!

5.2.0 Buil 7523
    Windows XP

Hi everyone,

I just had my computer fixed up and redone by a friend of mine...moved files to different hard drives -- reinstalled files...etc. I successfully kept Orange CD and it's Database in tact. My problem though is that the hard drive that all the music files are stored on switched letter names. Instead of drive "H:\", it is now drive "G:\". All the files are in the same places, except for the one letter name. Is there a way that I can tell that to Orange CD without changing the drive letter name so it can find my songs? I have about 100 GB of CD's and I've done some editing to the actual database (not the file) -- So if I rescanned all the folders it would lose my editing. Can you help me out?

Thanks alot,

--Sean

Default Re: H:\ drive Changed to G:\ -- Now what?!

Quote Originally Posted by VPSean
    5.2.0 Buil 7523
    Windows XP

Hi everyone,

I just had my computer fixed up and redone by a friend of mine...moved files to different hard drives -- reinstalled files...etc. I successfully kept Orange CD and it's Database in tact. My problem though is that the hard drive that all the music files are stored on switched letter names. Instead of drive "H:\", it is now drive "G:\". All the files are in the same places, except for the one letter name. Is there a way that I can tell that to Orange CD without changing the drive letter name so it can find my songs? I have about 100 GB of CD's and I've done some editing to the actual database (not the file) -- So if I rescanned all the folders it would lose my editing. Can you help me out?

Thanks alot,

--Sean

Could you possibly re-assign the drive to letter H like it was before? To do this in XP do the following:

Open Computer Management (Local).
    In the console tree, click Disk Management.

Start->Control Panel->Performance & Maintenance->Administrative Tools->Computer Management->Storage->Disk Management

Right-click a partition, logical drive, or volume, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
    Do one of the following:
    To assign a drive letter, click Add, click the drive letter you want to use, and then click OK.
    To modify a drive letter, click it, click Change, click the drive letter you want to use, and then click OK.
    To remove a drive letter, click it, and then click Remove.
    Important

Be careful when making drive-letter assignments because many MS-DOS and Windows programs make references to a specific drive letter. For example, the path environment variable shows specific drive letters in conjunction with program names.

Hope this helps!

Bob

Default Re: H:\ drive Changed to G:\ -- Now what?!

If You can use Registry Editor, You can change default location of OCD database by editin' key named
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Firetongue\DADB\Databas e