Thread: Compilation Albums - Various Artists

Default Compilation Albums - Various Artists

If we add, for instance, a compilation album with many artists, each one playing and singing their own song/track, we got a new folder called, most probably, "Various Artists". So far, so good. But then I see that a new folder is also automatically created for each participant artist and, within each one of these folders, a reference to that album is also made.

Then, if we try to delete the reference album under anyone of these artist folders, all the remaining references to that album are also removed, including the one under "Various Artists". And that's not what I want.

So, what's the trick/option - if there's one - to avoid this, i.e., avoid the creation of individual artist folders for a compilation album instead of just only one [Various Artists] folder with the respective album details?

Thanks in advance.

M

Default Re: Compilation Albums - Various Artists

there's no any special trick. you just have to choose "Artist - No Track" option from the combo box in tree view on the left panel. that's it.

Default Re: Compilation Albums - Various Artists

Thanky you very much. It works!

I take this opportunity to make a remark/request: whatever simple a software is, whatever smart and clever we are, I think there should always be a Help Manual - or a User Guide - available. There are certainly many options and functions that we ignore - or simply don't know how to do - if we are not instructed.

So, here's a request to you, Firetongue guys: on the next OrangeCD Catalog version/release, please include a Help Manual.

Thanks,

M