Thread: attaching .mp3 files

Default attaching .mp3 files

OK, when I scan a folder of .mp3's I get a link to "play" the file directly from Orange. And this is what I've been doing with my new CD's. Ripping them first and THEN scanning the folder to add them to the database. BUT, is there a way to attach .mp3 files to existing scanned cd's?

I really REALLY don't want to delete everything and start over...

Thanks!

Default Re: attaching .mp3 files

You cannot attach mp3 files to the existing database entry. Thanks for reminding about this feature. It sounds like something that was hanging around for a long time, but never implemented. I need to take a look at it soon.

Andrei

This is a feature I wanted also. I already have a database full of my CDs and didn't want to create a second one just for the MP3s.
    Andrei, is this something you can do for the next realease?

Batman

Unfortunately time constraints are pretty hard this time because of translation works that have to be done in parallel. I want to place this feature in next version, but I simply not sure if there will be a chance. Maybe it will be added in second beta 5.3.0 (first beta won't have it for sure).

Guest Guest

hi

this is a great program and i am only starting with it and have yet to explore all the areas of the program

i looked at many diff programs and this is way better by a big distance from them all

my current quest is to digitize my music collection and make it portable

there are many challenges to doing it and i am working on them one by one

it would be great if i could point to where the source .wav file lives for a song or album and the mp3 file for the same tune

very powerful stuff

and

i would be willing to pay money to have the feature added

what do you other users think

thanks

Guest Guest

Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I had to chip in on this.
    I've been playing with the evaluation of OranceCD, and it's everything I've been looking for in a program like this - but with one fatal flaw.

It appears the ONLY way to add an MP3 album is by using the "scan media files" option, which doesn't let you get all the nice extra info from Amazon, etc. You can't add MP3's manually, you can't add from Amazon, then attach the MP3s, you can't change the MP3 locations if you move the files from a previously added MP3 album. Unfortunately, this basically renders this software near useless for organising MP3s in my opinion, which is a damn shame, because it's SO much better than all the others in almost every other regard.

If you could just add a little "edit media file location" option to the track options, that'd be all it would take to make this the greatest MP3 organiser ever made.