Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Import database from Excel

Default Re: Import database from Excel

Hi Samboca

But what was your experience with Amazon? Did most of your scans return a hit?

I had a pretty high (>95%) hit ratio. I'm sure each user's mileage will vary, esp. those who have many rare or unique recordings. I think I mentioned this in another post, but it took me about 5 hours to scan in 160 discs via the tray (while I was doing other work), and it took about 45 minutes to scan the next 160 via scanner. When I hit upon one that didn''t scan properly, I used the tray, and if that didn't work (rare), I entered manually. For anyone with a large collection, the bar code reader is *the* way to go.

I would have just put asside the ones that didn't scan properly for later scanning (faster than closing/opening various dialogs), but I used the auto-sequence feature so had to do them in order.

Hi Samboca

Thanks! That is useful to know. The barcode scanner is obviously the way to go - unless you have a collection of very rare recordings or discs with no bar code.

You're welcome!

Oh, and I should have also mentioned that one reason for not being able to scan some CDs was that they pre-dated bar codes! Now, that's old!