Thread: Date Field

Default Date Field

I created a Custom Page that I titled "Classical." Fields include "Country of Origin," "Period," "Form," "Written," and "Note."

The "Written" field is set up as a date. This date field does not allow me to specify a range, only a single date. Very often, classical music pieces were written over the course of several years. I would like to be able to specify a range of years, e.g, 1914-1916.

Thanks

Default Re: Date Field

Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    I created a Custom Page that I titled "Classical." Fields include "Country of Origin," "Period," "Form," "Written," and "Note."

The "Written" field is set up as a date. This date field does not allow me to specify a range, only a single date. Very often, classical music pieces were written over the course of several years. I would like to be able to specify a range of years, e.g, 1914-1916.
    Hi Rob,

I added the ability to customize custom date fields recently. I am not sure if you have this build already, but try to follow the steps and if you see that it does not work, then you'll have to upgrade to latest build.

You need to enter Custom Fields dialog box (either by clicking Customize link in the page or by menu View-Preferences-Database tab-Custom fields). Select the date field and click Customize. You'll see "Allow period" checkbox, as well as some other options that could be useful.

Andrei

Default Re: Date Field

Thanks Andrei