Thread: Seems like a serious product - NOT

Guest Guest

Default Seems like a serious product - NOT

This product has been in beta for ages and it is only a small database utility.. Very serious.. I give up on this product.. NOW

Default Re: Seems like a serious product - NOT

Sorry to see you go!

Many posters, including myself, have compared OCD with other programs, and found OCD to be superior. The fact that this message board is so active, and that OCD is being actively developed (with pre-beta versions being released on a regular basis), are other strong points.

Bjarne
    I hope sincerely that you will reconsider your action... I do however understand your frustration, but this is the price you must pay sometimes for a quality product.To my knowledge this product is one of the few in the market that are build with the input of its consumer base. And I agree with Paul that OCD Forum activity is the proof that the product is being actively & seriously developed. Also one thing to have in mind is the fact that OCD suite is becoming more and more complex in order to accomodate different technological advances and satisfy different tastes... So the only thing I can say is that to arm yourself with patience...
    Hope you will reconsider...

It is a good product, but I think Bjarne has a valid gripe.

What people don't realise or want't realise is that OCD is essentially a one-man product.

The scale of a project of something like this is massive and is usually undertaken by a group of programmers, not just the one. So I for one admire the work that gone into producing this great product.

If the guy behind OCD answered every email with suggestions and gripes about the program, then i'm sure that no progress would ever be made.

If you don't like vote with your feet. I for one will be staying with OCD.

Trawlerman, my post was meant as constructive feedback to the author by way of supporting what is a reasonable request. Not to answer "every email", nor to be superman. Just reasonable.

There is nothing wrong with giving and posting valid feedback. I'm frequently perplexed at why some feel the need to defend the status quo or others who are perfectly capable of posting their own arguments.

The original posters position, while perhaps not the most constructive, is valid, useful information to the author, and to others. I think all the posts here are valid and reasonable - some are a bit rhetorical, emotional or non data-driven, but they all represent valid points of view.

OCD is an excellent program, and I'm sure the author works very hard, and there is room for improvement in customer relations.

Guest Guest

HAHAHA Still no release ;D
    This amateur should stop doing this asap

bjarne, you're sticking around awfully long for someone who has "given up" on the product...

;D ;DRight On CL
    We will get this beta tested until it fits our requirements. For those who do not have the patience to suffer trough the amount of time it will take to have a fully functional product, I will still say patience, and more patience. There is no point of releasing a product that is well below expectations... It may be frustrating for some, but the overwhelming majority would like to wait and see a new version that is capable of competing with rival products on the market. Should I mention that most of these products are built by companies that have huge R&D budgets when compared to OCD??? Let me say it like it is: OCD suite is the best product byte for byte out there period. And the new beta with improved functionality, and intelligent interface that we've had the privilege to preview is ahead of the competition. At least with Andrei we are able to bitch and give him hard time... So Bjarne just stick around and since you have a voice excercise it... we may get soon a new version!!!! ;D

Al