Thread: Play link in html output

Default Play link in html output

I have been messing around with OCD for a while and so far its the best program of its type that I have found.

I have used the CMI_Play template to create a website of my entire online mp3 collection.

What I want to be able to do is have each track in the tracklist page link to the mp3 file on my server via a mapped drive.

This would enable the track to be played on any machine on my lan provided the drive mappings are set up correctly.

When I created the db it was done from a machine on the network scanning the maped server drive so by sharing the ocd db file any machine can play the files from within ocd using a play template.

This suggests to me that the necessary information is within the ocd database so what I need to do is find a way to create the required links when building the website with ocd using the rellative path to the files in the links

Does anyone know how this can be done? I could of course set up the links manually as I have to test this but as I have over 26,000 tracks on the server this would be quite a task!!!

Anyone got any ideas

PS I dont really want to have to run Itunes on the server as its pretty crap and I hate it!!

Default Re: Play link in html output

Andrei will have to tell you if he actually stores the paths in the OCD DB. I'm not sure.

At one point, though, he did introduce a PATH property that could be called from a template or theme. However, it was disabled shortly after - due to some technical problems.

That was part of the reason I wrote CMI_Play. Linking it to iTunes was just one way to simplify the process, since the iTunes naming convention was simple to figure out. And it seems to work fine for those of us who use OCD to manage our commercial audio CDs (and who don't hate iTunes, of course).

However, for anyone who has a large collection of MP3 files, downloaded from here and there, CMI_Play has little to offer.

Maybe Andrei plans to re-enable the PATH property in the upcoming OCD v.6.0. Who knows?