Thread: Sub-genre unsearchable - why?

Default Sub-genre unsearchable - why?

Andrei,

When are we going to be able to use the SUB-GENRE field in searches or templates? It's only just occurred to me that SUB-GENRE is unsearchable however I try to do this, and I can't even show it on my template!!

You can't even use the TOOLS \ ADVANCED transfer utility to shift SUB-GENRE data into a searchable custom field, because it doesn't list the field at all.....

Maybe someone can prove me wrong... I hope so.

Default Re: Sub-genre unsearchable - why?

Slight correction. SUB-GENRE does actually show up in lists, but only as part of the GENRE field. Might it be more useful to make these independent of each other (separate tags or whatever)? :-[

Default Re: Sub-genre unsearchable - why?

I have already reported this and other missing fields.
    There hasn't been a reaction since. I am awaiting the next daily build, for I think this is an easy thing to fix.
    (But I may be wrong, of course :-/ ).

Quote Originally Posted by VendenBos
    The Tools Advanced option to copy/move values between database fields looks great!

However: the field Barcode does not appear in the listboxes source and destination field, so it will not help me convert the custom barcodes to the new 'official' Barcode field.

I checked all the listbox fields against the database fields and found some other fields missing: Sub-genre, Overall Rating, Date added and Last modified. These fields will probably not be used for this convert tool, but the same list applies for advanced search and there the fields will be used.

Also I found that the 'old' credit's and musician's fields are still available (Author, Conductor, Engineer, Performer etc.). They work perfectly, because the information is converted to the new grids. But the roles are no longer limited to these descriptions. Have you already thought about a solution for this? I can imagine using general 'Musician' and 'Credit', or do you want to list all available roles?

I hope you will be able to add Barcode to the fieldlists in a short time, because I'd really like to try this tool out.