Thread: Composers Tracks

Default Composers Tracks

???

I have encountered a problem when inputting data in the Composer Track field. Single CDs accept different song writers for each track; however when I inputed song writers in Box sets it isn't allowed. The box set is automatically "unmaked" and when I try to remake the Box Set a message window pops up stating that Composers must be the same. This does not make sense.

Has anybody met with the same problem? Is there a solution.

Regards

Default Re: Composers Tracks

By changing the view to Classical you can see what it's trying to match. It is here that you can click Various Artists on each album so Various Artists is displayed in Composers matching albums together. I hope this may help. I also feel Composers shouldn't be part of amalgamating albums but it may be well entrenched in the software now. In fact I think there should be only a link between IDs to link albums.

Default Re: Composers Tracks

Stephen

Thanks for your feedback.

I switched to Classical View and ticked the Various Composers' box for each CD. I inputted two different songwriters for two different tracks in a box set. The programme still "unmaked" the box set. I tried to remake the boxset by removing the tick in the Various Composers. Although the Box set was remaked the songwriters were deleted. There is a bug here and I agree with you that the Composers should not be a part of amalgamating albums.

Any other suggestions will be appreciated,

Regards

Joe