Thread: Itunes tags

Default Itunes tags

Hi,

I have been using Orange Cd 5.3.0 build 7523 for the last few days for my mp3 album collection. I just realized that sometimes OrangeCd does not read the tag that Winamp clearly shows is there. So far, it seems that it's always an album which was ripped with various versions of Itunes.

This is a great problem for albums with various artists. Is there any way I can fix this ? Is this fixed on a new build I can download ?

Thanks.

--------------------------------------
    Follow up :

Now I have an album with all the Id3v2 tags filled, but Orange cd reads only some of them. I'm not sure what program was used to rip this one.

MysticFog

Default Re: Itunes tags

Anybody please ?

Surely many people have the same problem but a search of the forum does not hold any answer or discussion of the issue.

I realized the problem after scanning several hundred albums and I have a few thousands to go. I was hoping to finally have a database of my albums by the end of next week but now I halted the process because I have many albums ripped with Itunes. I don't want to have to redo it all. It just takes too long.

I just tried scanning an album with various artists which was ripped with Itunes (iTunes v4.7.1.30). There is an Id3v2 tag entry for artist for each track. But OCD does not read the artist entry.
    Tag & Rename gives me the entries of the tags without problem.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

MysticFog

Guest Guest

I have the same problem. Noticed when I imported tunes into the ITunes database and realized the tags were wrong. When I deleted the tracks from the database, and imported the tracks back into ITunes, the OLD INCORRECT tags were still displaying.

Guest Guest

is the problem with using Id3v2 tags in general? those are the tags i use regularly and if i need to do something different, id like to know too.

I tunes is a pain with this. Unless you change preferences, it assigns folders to individual artists beofe the album - you can't change any heirarchy and the compilations folder doesn't seem to work properly. Hence I get albums by ''compilations'' in Orange or an album that only contains one song by one artist!

MAybe I'm doing something wrong with i-tunes