Thread: lock up problem

Default lock up problem

Hi I am new to Orange cd and am having a few problems I don't seem to be able to find answers to. Maybe some of you can help. When I have the program open for any lenght of time or I am adding a lot of cd,s the program seems to freeze my lap top. The onky thing that still works is my mouse but you can't click on anything just move it around. Then I must restart this happens even if I am not using the program it just keeps freezing. If I am entering cd's for several hours I usually have to restart 5 times or more. This only happens when Orange cd is open or running. Does anyone have any help for me. I have entered 150 cd's so far and want to pay for the program but I can't stop it from freezing. Help would be greatly appreciated.

I also can't figure out how to use the renumber funtion it doesn't seem to do anything when I try to use it. Thanks for your help

Default Re: lock up problem

[quote=Ken]Hi I am new to Orange cd and am having a few problems I don't seem to be able to find answers to. Maybe some of you can help. When I have the program open for any lenght of time or I am adding a lot of cd,s the program seems to freeze my lap top. The onky thing that still works is my mouse but you can't click on anything just move it around. Then I must restart this happens even if I am not using the

I am running Windows 98SE on this machine. I have fixed the lockup problem when the program is idle. There were some missing dll files from internet explorer. But I still have problems when I scan in cd's. I don't get more than 10-15 cd's scaned before the program locks up. I still can't get renumber to work. I had already done what was suggested. I also noticed that when entering cd's which scan as folk they won't auto number they always enter as folk-0001. Please advise so I can get a smoother responce from the program. I also posted under feq asked questions that the program won't except my registrataion code and sent an email with order# etc. Please help. Thanks

Can't help you with the registration number. You should probably send an email to Andrei (orangecd@firetongue.com) about that.

When it comes to your CD scanning problems, it really sounds like you ought to consider reinstalling your operating system. Missing DLLs etc. doesn't sound good. I doubt that your 'lock up' problems are related to OrangeCD.