Thread: musicians, etc.

Default musicians, etc.

in version 6 there are fields for musician credits, etc. but i can't see the data in those fields in album view or in track view. neither can i see tags for musician credits to use it in a theme. is that ok? what's the use of fields which you can't see?

Default Re: musicians, etc.

Yes, this seems to be the major weakness but nobody else ask about it ! Are we weirdos or what ? ???

Actually, credits are displayed if you are using final version (6.0.0 or later) and "Default V6" theme. The credits are shown below the track listings. And there is also Line-up section right below the artwork, listing musicians that perfomed on the album.

If you don't see it, it could be because you had v6 beta previously installed and then upgraded to final build. In this case theme file may be not overwritten.

The solution would be to delete or rename Default V6.dax and then reinstall the software.

Andrei

The problem is a little bit different in fact (maybe I should have posted my question in a new topic) :
    I can see the lineup but I would like to have a view of all my Cds sorted by alto sax players (for instance). I can have a view of my CDs sorted by engineers for instance but I'm not really interested in it (although I'm sound engineer). I would rather like to sort my CDs by intruments, this is what I'm interested in. Or find all the Cds
    with a bass clarinet (but in the query tool, i don't see how to do it)

I understand now. This issue is indeed separate, it will be fixed at some point.

Specifically, what I plan to do (probably) is:

- Find Text command will look into credits (currently it does not.)

- Advanced Search will get additional fields to look into, like in your example with alto sax players.

- Content tree will get the ability to arrange albums per credits.

Andrei

that would be great !
    thanks.