Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ActiveX control problem with new IE 7 Beta2

Default ActiveX control problem with new IE 7 Beta2

I've just upgraded my IE browser to the new Ver 7.0.5296.0 (Beta 2) today, and found that my OrangeCD won't show Entire Collection view!

The error msg pops up:
    One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either:
    1) Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page or
    2) You have blocked the publisher of one of the controls.

I have checked the Registry method, and it's still not working. Please help me , anyone?

Default Re: ActiveX control problem with new IE 7 Beta2

Which version of OCD are you running? And which theme are you using?

Hi Eye

I just installed IE 7 beta 2 on a Windows XP SP2 machine running OCD 7.2.0.7523. And I receive the exact same error message.

In addition to having problems with the 'Entire Collection' display, I also found that most links on the start, album and track pages don't work either.

Changing the security settings in IE 7 beta 2 doesn't seem to help at all.

Upgrading to Version 6 doesn't help either.

Folks,

I am working to resolve IE7 compatibility issue as soon as possible. I will post here, in this topic, once I have a solution.

In the meantime, you can try the following workaround and see if it helps.

Start "RegEdit" application from the Run prompt and open the following registry key:

Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0
    In this key, double-click the "1200" value and change it to "0".

Then repeat the same in this registry key:

Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0
    You may need to restart your computer for new ActiveX setting to take effect.

Andrei

I've tried the above workaround and it didn't help, still getting the Active X errors. Any updates on this?

I have an update. The compatibility problem with IE7 is now fixed. The next uploaded beta will work correctly with IE7. Expect it on the website tomorrow. Thanks for patience

Andrei

Bumping this thread because I just got the same error. I use version 6.4.1., and Opera browser in windows 7 home premium. Have used all of these for the last 8 months / no problem. Something on my end, or a new thing entirely? Thanks.

I am having the same ActiveX error message, I run Win XP SP3 with Internet Explorer 8 plus the latest OrangeCD v6.4.5.15514

The error msg pops up:
    1) Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page or

I have checked the Registry method, and it's still not working. Please help me , anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by sadgit View Post
    I am having the same ActiveX error message, I run Win XP SP3 with Internet Explorer 8 plus the latest OrangeCD v6.4.5.15514

The error msg pops up:

This is a new problem, probably related to some new Windows or IE feature pushed to your PC via automatic update. I don't have a solution yet, but working with several customers to find a fix. Thanks for your patience.

Andrei