Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ActiveX control problem with new IE 7 Beta2

just to note that I am running win 7 with all the latest update and no problem at all with OCD. Also using IE 8 with all the latest updates.

Fred

New note. Update to IE9 today.. still no problems with OCD.
    Last edited by frederf; 03-15-2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: news

Quote Originally Posted by andrei_c View Post
    This is a new problem, probably related to some new Windows or IE feature pushed to your PC via automatic update. I don't have a solution yet, but working with several customers to find a fix. Thanks for your patience.

Andrei
    I seem to have cleared the problem, downloaded the latest version of IE8 and Orange CD is now working.

Question ActiveX error

Hi There,

when i want to view my collection i get the following message:
    The error msg pops up:
    One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either:
    1) Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page or
    2) You have blocked the publisher of one of the controls.

I'm using win7 and the latest version of OrangeCD Catalog
    Could you please help me out on this one?

Kind regards,
    Constant

Constant,

1) Is your computer in some kind of enterprise environment (work, school, etc.)?

2) Any antivirus / web security kind of software installed?

3) Did you by any chance activated "Network Protocol Lockdown" feature in Windows XP/Vista/7?

Unfortunately, there is an excessive security policy activated in your computer and above are typical reasons for it.

Also try updating to very latest IE using Windows Update.

Andrei

Man oh man, I have had this problem since I last posted on the past Halloween. I have changed veriosns of OCD, I have changed verisons of IE, I have disabled firewalls/antivirus and tried explicit permissions, I have Regeditted Lockdown Zone and regular Zone policy permissions under the HKEY_ settings, I am not in a group setting, and I have tinkered with everything I can think of. Currently OCD 6.4.4.15229 w/IE9 Win7 Home Premium. I had pretty much given up on this issue since my post went 5 months with no replies, but I see it is back on the front burner for a couple people. So, any more ideas or am I SoL? Thanks everyone.

I had the same problem, but I found that this may cause a bug of Adobe flash player update.

You should delete 1 extra (parasite) zone from
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\
    with pseudo-graphic number, you'll see it before zone number 0.

I've tried it and works!

Yes! This worked! Thanks so much for the tip, sorry it took so long for me to get back to you.