Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LP Track Listing

Guest Guest

Default Re: LP Track Listing

Hello Paul
    I have be closely following this helpful exchange! Could you please email the sample to me also? My email address is [email]mceley@comcast.net[/email]. Also, using the CRISP template, I would like my 4 custom fields to display before the notes. Some of the notes get rather long. How would I do this? Thanks for your assistance. Take care ...

Hi D.J.B. and Melvin C

I've sent you both a modified Default theme (Default theme-LP.dax) and a modified Crisp theme (Crisp-LP.dax).
    These themes include a feature I've called 'LP mode'.

In order to split a track list in two, and add 'SIDE 1' and 'SIDE 2' headings to the respective parts, this is what you have to do:

1. Enable LP-mode for the chosen theme
    2. Set the album format to 'LP' or 'LP box set'
    3. Identify the last track of Side 1

Here's a more detailed explanation:
    -------------------------------------------------
    1. Enable LP-mode for the chosen theme
    1.1 Unzip and place the two .DAX files in your Templates folder (probably (c:\program files\orangecd\templates)
    1.2 Run OrangeCD
    1.3 Click View, then Preferences, and finally the Theme tab.
    1.4 Select one of the two modified themes from the dropdown list (Default theme-LP or Crisp-LP)
    1.5 Scroll thru the Theme settings and make sure that the 'Enable LP mode (split track list)' setting is checked. If not, check it.
    1.6 Click OK

2. Set the album format to 'LP' or 'LP box set'
    2.1 Now select an album from OrangeCD.
    2.2 Right-click anywhere in the album page, and select Properties from the menu
    2.3 Select the General tab (of the Record properties window)
    2.4 Select "LP" or "LP box set" from the Format dropdown list
    2.5 Click OK

3. Identify the last track of Side 1
    3.1 Right-click the last track of the LP's side 1, and select Properties from the menu
    3.2 Select the Recording tab
    3.3 Check the Interview checkbox
    3.4 Click OK

You should now have a split tracklist with SIDE 1 and SIDE 2 headings.

Repeat 2-3 for each LP in your collection.

So what does the Interview checkbox have to do with the price of eggs? Well, since OCD doesn't have any custom properties at the track level (Andrei is evidently adding them in the 6.0 release) , I had to select one of the excisting predefined properties. It could just as well have been one of the other track properties (Multichannel, Orchestra, Personal Notes etc.) but I figured Interview is most likely a rarely used property.

Note that I haven't done anything with the track numbers. In other words the track numbers on side 2 do not start with 1. That would require an additional javascript.

Hi Melvin C

It's fairly simple to move the notes after the custom fields.

1. Open the Crisp theme in DAXEDIT

2. Select the Album Page tab

3. Locate the following line:

Guest Guest

Paul,
    I was able to place the customized fields about the notes with no problem! Your code and advice worked perfectly! Thanks so much for your assistance. Have a great day and take care ...

Melvin C

Guest Guest

Hi Paul,

for some reason i didn't get the LP themes ... can you pls send it again to [email]bayonic@yahoo.com[/email]

thanks and sorry for the bother

Guest Guest

Paul,
    I didn't get them either. I just didn't want to bother you. You've been so helpful. From your suggestions, I've been able to figure out several other customizations:-) Thanks and take care ...

Guest Guest

Hi Paul,

Got it and got it to work . Thanks

Guest Guest

Hey Paul!
    How are things going? Happy new Year to you? With the new OCD Beta for version 6.0, my LP Track Listing that splits the album in sides 1 & 2 no longer works! How are you faring with this? Thanks and take care ...

Hi

I'll have to look into that. Which version of the theme are you using? And are you running CrispPlay or CrispPlus?

Guest Guest

Paul,
    I haven't updated to any new theme version. I'm using the OCD 6.0 Beta 1 software. Also, I'm using the same Crisp themes that you created and mailed to another gentleman and me this pass summer. Hopefull, this is a good starting point. Thanks again for your personal help and great posting in general ...