Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LP Track Listing

Guest Guest

Default LP Track Listing

Hi There,
    I have just downloaded a trial version of OrangeCD and I love it. Before purchasing however, I would like to know if it is possible to edit the track listing so that they are grouped according to the two Sides of a Vinyl LP.
    Most of the music that I want cataloged is in the LP format.

thanks,
    D.J.

Default Re: LP Track Listing

How do you enter the track information for each LP?

Guest Guest

from freeDB and Amazon ... but they are for CD releases ... i want to break them down further into Side1 and Side2 listings.
    thanks

Yes, it can be done. There is no function in OrangCD that I know of that will automatically make the split. But by editing the theme (using DAXEDIT.EXE), you can split the track list in two with "Side 1" and "Side 2" headings.

Here's an example of what it would look like:

Guest Guest

thanks,
    but exactly how do i edit the default theme ? can i download it somewhere ?

thanks again

Themes and templates are located in the TEMPLATES subfolder (most likely C:\Program Files\OrangeCD\Templates). And they have a .DAX extension.

You edit themes and templates using the DAXEDIT.EXE, which you will find in the OCD program folder (most likely C:\Program Files\OrangeCD)

OrangeCD comes with only one theme - DEFAULT THEME.DAX. But you can download the CRISP.DAX theme from the OCD site, and the CRISPPLAY.DAX theme from my site ([url]http://ocd.juventas.net[/url]).

All the other .DAX files are templates, which are used to export you music collection to HTML pages.

Themes and templates are installed simply by dropping the .DAX file into the TEMPLATES folder.

To determine which theme you are using, click View in the OCD menu. Then select Pereferences..... And finally click the Theme tab. If you have more than one theme installed you may select theme from the dropdownlist.

Each theme has a set of options which you can set from the Theme tab.

I forgot to mention that you have to "trick" OCD into splitting the track list in two.

One way to do that is simply to enter a predefined text, like for instance 'S2' or 'Side2' in an unused field for the first track on side 2.

You can then program the theme to check for the occurence of the predefined text. When the text occurs, the theme will add 'Side 2' before adding the next track in the the track list.

If this is all greek to you, let me know and I'll send you a sample theme you can try out.

Guest Guest

thanks for the replies again .

please send sample theme to [email]bayoniq@pldtdsl.net[/email]

ty

OK. Will do as soon as I get home from work.