Thread: Re: How Many Genres Of Music Do You Guys Have?

Default Re: How Many Genres Of Music Do You Guys Have?

Well, I cannot tell you just yet how many I have, or what type - but I can tell you the one I do not have (and never will) - Country :P :P :P LOL

Sorry, I had to say it - all in fun, naturally ! Plesae - no yelling back at me !.....but really - how can your ears handle it ??? - KIDDING

Seriously, FuNkY - nice assortment and good work. I'll post my mine after I get my database done (it's on hold until we hear about the file scanning issue).....

This is my first post so please don't flame me. I am interested in all types of music. I don't really have a favourite type. I just like what I like. So I think I have every genre, but I might be wrong.

i am a moody guy i like to here my mood is in

Quote Originally Posted by FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN
    I am talking about with OrangeCD Suite.You know you can put your albums in genre don't you all?
    Is that why i'm here ? - ha ha!!
    Well, i just added a new genre called "Bad Taste" - it's for those albums i collected and regretted.

Sometimes though i have a real problem describing what genre an album is - i mean, what would you call all the Beatles:
    Oldies, Pop, Rock ??
    Thats what i mean - terrible aint it ? These kinda descisions really mess up my day - thanks for making it worse FC - ha ha ha!!

Peace
    UKMan

Do I hate that

Sometimes you add a new album and FreeDB says it is Pop.. I wouldn't put Linkin Park in there and that is only the category!! Then there is genre and (to make things awfull) sub-genre... geeeesh, just what I needed ;D

So I tuned it down to just one ... MUSIC!! however, good music and bad music would be something I could consider.

you have the beatles in classic rock, thats cool....but what happens when the guys in regular rock become old stuff; are you going to move them to Classic Rock? Is there a cut off point? how do you know???

my god, i need help....

AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

I was happy before I even started to think about this...

thought id keep it simple by having only a few genres...

Pop, Soft Rock, Harder Rock/Metal/Heavy stuff, Classical

where does Aerosmith go? I would say pop, but cant put Aerosmith along with Girls Aloud or any of the manufactured bands....tis not right

DAMN YOU FC.....I was happy before i started with all this...what was wrong with just enjoying the music.....

Im goin, my head hurts

Guest Guest

???

Guys, I need your help.

I'm looking for a song I know and like for many years but till now I have no idea who was the author or first performer, nor even do I know its title. There is one clue: it's performed in the Spy Hard movie by a nun choir.

Any help will be appreciated. Please, write to [email]lindaman@mailcity.com[/email]

Alex

I have 53 Genres so far.

Of course I am a music addict...

genres from freedb can be odd sometimes and labelling each album can be hard. I had the same problem with The Beatles.

so my genre list is short:
    Christmas
    Classical
    Grunge
    Hard Rock
    Hardcore
    Indie
    New Wave
    Pop
    Punk
    Punk Rock
    Rock