Thread: How many albums in your collection?

Default How many albums in your collection?

I'm still working on inputting all mine. Upto now i've clocked up 1790 and still have another 3000 or so to go ;D

Default Re: How many albums in your collection?

;D 6000+.You can see around 3900 of them at [url]http://www.funkycapricorn.com[/url] ;D

Nice collection.

Hi all...

I have about 500 CDs in my collection right now. I used to think that I had a lot of albumns in my collection untill I started reading in this forum.

How are you folks storing your CDs? What sort of space does your collection take up? Right now, I have CDs on most of my shelves in my office, and a spare bedroom, and I only have 500 or so.

How have you handled the storage needs? If you have pictures, I'd love to see it.

Thanks!
    --Steve

Sledwith:

I have about 2700 CDs and at least twice that many vinyl albums. I also have a large collection of cassettes and even 8-track tapes.

Here is a funky solution I came up with for my CDs:

I use paving bricks and 1" x 6" boards. You can get the paving bricks at most home improvement stores like Lowes or Home Depot. The bricks are roughly 6" x 6" x 2" and you can cut the boards to any length that fits your wall space. and you can go as high as your ceiling allows. Of course, if you go too high, you'll need something to step on to reach your higher shelves.

This solution is a throw back to home made book shelving used by many college students (cinder blocks and thick boards). Actually, that's how I store my vinyl records.

The good thing about doing this is that you can easily take it all apart if you come up with a better or more permanent storage solution. It's also relatively inexpensive.

Tony

What happened to the FuNkY_CaPrIcOrN site at [url]http://www.funkycapricorn.com?[/url]