Thread: No help or manual available

Default No help or manual available

I just downloaded this thing, and there are no instructions such as a manual to download or step by step entering CDs according to a category; e. g., Instrumental Music. How the hell does one get started? I have never seen such a dearth of instruction for a piece of software. The FAQ don't have anything that I need for getting started.

Default Re: No help or manual available

Welcome to OrangeCD. ;D

We probably all agree that the documentation could have been better. But it really is a great program.

So maybe this forum can help you out, if you explain what you want to do or achieve.

What kind of audio collection do you have (mp3s,CDs, LPs)? Do you plan to publish your collection on the net?
    etc...

Hello BillClay
    Even the best written manual will not do what this forum is able to achieve. Do not be frustrated... ??? If you have a question? Just shout. You will always find someone to give you some help and guidance. That is the reason that makes this forum and OCD suite great.
    Welcome aboard

Why do you need a manual?

I've found OrangeCD to be pretty straight forward to use. The only thing that can be tricky is using the DAXEDIT on the templates and there is more help here on the forum than you could ever need.

Personally, i'm all for letting Andrei get on with writing the next V. of OrangeCD. IMHO OCD is one of the best programs around of it's type.

I for am happy to do away with a manual. In fact it would probably be a help if the users of the forums could chip in together and write one themselves to be included with the distros of OCD like the Linux comunity does.

I totally agree with you, and I'd be more than happy to contribute to a manual for OCD v.6.0.

But in the mean time, if you need help programming OCD using DAXEDIT, take a look at [url]http://ocd.juventas.net/OCD-programming/documentation/[/url] .

It's not a complete manual in any way, but it covers some of the basic stuff.