Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie Catalogue - like orangeCd

Guest Guest

Default Movie Catalogue - like orangeCd

Right now i've sorted out my music collection I want to
    be able to do the same for my movies.

1. same excellent export to HTML like O-CD
    2. tap in a film title and retrieve the info from IMDB/AMazon etc.
    3. support for the dvd covers
    4. cat support, ie dvd/divx/xvid etc
    5. support for TVseries (not important)

have tried

Collectorz (didnt like it)
    Movie Library (WenSoftware)
    Ant Movie Catalog (freeware, very good, but feel not quite there yet)

All the above when exporting to HTML were very limited, ie
    the did not support multiple pages, and webspace broken
    down into categories/years/genre etc.

Thanks..

Hope there a good one our there.

Default Re: Movie Catalogue - like orangeCd

Wouldn't we all like to organize our books and films the OCD way. There seems to be only one solution to that: have some genious clone Andrei.

First things first.Music.Too many things to be done with Music still let alone Movies and Books. :-/

Go to [url]http://www.collectorz.com/[/url] for that.

And for anybody who has not tryed out their Music Program yet go ahead.You will see OrangeCD blows it away.You need two Programs of theirs just to work with MP3s. :

Guest Guest

I total agree, OCD in the best i've seen so far, and yeah the current version is availabled with cracks.. but i was total impress with this that i had to registered it.

As for movies, Collectorz just is there yet.. nice but i just find it very limited..

Most important feature for me is the EXPORTING to HTML, once the point of me spending time and effect organising what i have if i can't then share that list in a nice pretty and easy to navigate website.

Currently trying ALL MY MOVIES but again seems strong in one area then very week in the other..

I'll keep looking though

Hi esop
    Have you had a look at CatVids ([url]http://www.fnprg.com/catvids/catvids.html[/url])?

Guest Guest

Just tried the Catvid, and very nice interface etc, but once again the export feature is greatly lacking.

Not sure what the devs of these programs are thinking when they do the export to HTML, i think there limited mindset to just creating a HTML list of what would be set to a Printer.

Again, no navigation between a short list of films to a more detail view of the film, no break down of the films into sub cats/ release years etc.

Have to say the more i look the more i think the money i paid for OCD was way way worth it. the HTML export feature in here is Second to None!

Plus im a very fussy chap lol.

I totally agree with you. The flexibility that Andrei has built into OCD by using customizable themes and templates beats anything I've seen elsewhere.

You should also look at DVDProfiler from [url]www.intervocative.com[/url].

The amount of information in their DVD database puts FreeDB and Gracenotes to shame!

DVDProfiler looks promising, but at the moment it seems impossible to download the program. Anyone tried this piece of software?

I've just tried it and had no problems downloading DVDProfiler

I trialed many similar DVD cataloguers, before I settled on this one. There is also a large user base, who contribute to the DVD database. There are two versions, the pay version provides hi-res cover shots.