Thread: Free CD player recent builds

Guest Guest

Default Free CD player recent builds

I did try to use the free cd player, but have many problems with it. I use the web downloaded version 5.2.0.7523
    I now read that there are much more newer versions, but it seems that you have to be a pay user to have access to the debugged versions of the free cd player ...
    Could you not make available for download those more recent versions of the free cd player?
    It seems contradictory to give for free the player, but only a buggy old version!
    Casper Tone

Default Re: Free CD player recent builds

What kind of problems are you having with the OCD player? Although I haven't used it a lot, I've never experienced any problems.

Guest Guest

I use W98SE and freezes.
    TIA
    CTone

I had quite a few problems with earlier builds, but the last 2 or 3 pre-betas have been fine. Andrei did mention somewhere about fixing something! And yes, to get the pre-beta builds, you do need to be a registered user. Happy Xmas etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Caspertone
    I use W98SE and freezes.
    TIA
    CTone
    Hi Caspertone

By looking at all changes I made to CD-player recently, I think it's unlikely that the problem is caused by the old version. I don't think upgrading would improve things.

Unfortunately we are targetting WinXP more and more because Win98 family itself is extremely unstable and debugging a product on it is a real treat. I know it's not helpful, but maybe the problem is in the specifics of your device or driver.

If you still want to try a new build, you can download it from [url]http://www.firetongue.com/daily/orgcdfull_daily9508.exe[/url] . It's actually a bundle of Player and Catalog, but having Catalog on hard drive will not hurt, just ignore its presence.

Please let me know if the problem is fixed by new build or not.

Thanks,
    Andrei

Guest Guest

Thanks Andrei for the reply.
    I have been out and busy but now I will try the daily build and also the new beta ;-)
    I know that W98 a little old but I always lack time to move forward that sw ... It runs in a PentiumIV, just moved the HD from an old Pentium 200MHz. Perhaps that is part of the problem I experimented with the previous version.
    CTone.