Thread: first and last name

Guest Guest

Default first and last name

My next question is about first and last name. Let's say I scan a Tom Jones' CD. This will be put alphabetically under T, but it should be under J. So far I know only one way of dealing with it, which is retyping and deleting. Is there a smart way of doing it? Like maybe a magical button that switches the names around, so the artist name starts with the last name?
    Any advice, please?
    KS

Default Re: first and last name

Hello Krzysztof!!!

I'm not sure that there is a way to switch first and last name around.
    If I'm not mistaken this is a kind of convention that is used by all the major players in the data base industry. Any time you download a CD info from CDDB, Free DB, Amazon, etc...
    you get basically the same format, that is first name first and then last name.
    Unless Andrei is able to do something about it, or that you make some changes in the software, i think the only way around will be to do it manually.
    Hope that you get some better help.

in artsit properties (right-click) there's a menu called something like "alternative name" or "sorting name" or something like that. you can put any name you want. though the artist name will show like "tom jones" it will be sorted like "jones, tom" or whatever you put in that field.

Guest Guest

Thank you very much - it works like a charm. One has to get to artist properties. There will a box called "Sort name". There is a very convenient "Swap" button which makes "Jones, Tom" out of "Tom Jones" in an instant. OK it and it's done.
    KS