Thread: Exporting Cd Covers!!

Default Exporting Cd Covers!!

Hello people. I have a question. I want to use some of the pictures in my database for another database that a friend of mine created.
    I can't figure out how to copy and paste the j-peg pictures that I have added to the database. Is this possible? My fear is that once you have added the picture to this database, and then deleted it from your computer, it is lost forever. Please, can anyone help me? Cheers!!

Default Re: Exporting Cd Covers!!

If you use the Tools | Export to HTML.... function, you should be able to extract cover images.

(If you only want the cover images and not all the metadata, you'll have to customize one of the templates using DaxEdit.)

However, if you've imported covers that exceed the maximum cover size set in OrangeCD (default is 32KB, I think), and you've checked 'Store covers in external files.....', a copy of your images will be stored in a sub folder called <your music collection>_covers.

By the way, have you followed the thread on how to export covers (with real names)?
    Have a look at [url]http://www.firetongue.com/boards/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=orangecd_general;action=display;num= 1132843777;start=11#11[/url]
    and especially teemacs posting today which sums it all up.

Default Re: Importing Cd Covers!!

I have some cover art on my hard drive in a folder. How would I IMPORT them to the database?

[quote=rhbender]I have some cover art on my hard drive in a folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Firetongue

When you scan your media files, make sure you have option "Load covers from JPEG/PNG file in folders" checked. The rest will occur automatically - OrangeCD will look for images in same folder as media files.

Andrei
    What filenames (and in what sequence) does OrangeCD look for covers? I have multiple jpgs in each album folder, with one named folder.jpg in each folder. I'd like to have OCD default to using folder.jpg as the coverart file when it scans my library. How is this best achieved?

Andrei, great to see nothing has changed re response to questions. If nothing else, you're consistent.

[quote=egd]What filenames (and in what sequence) does OrangeCD look for covers?

[quote=egd]Andrei, great to see nothing has changed re response to questions.