Thread: Browse by artist (CMI template)

Guest Guest

Default Browse by artist (CMI template)

I am using a slightly modified CMI Template and want to have a "browse by artist" on the ::group/web page. Right now I just see all the artists start with <insert letter>.

Above that I want to see a list of artist names starting with that letter, followed by the standard list of albums by artists whose names begin with that letter. I believe funkycapricorn has a similar setup on his site.

My problem... I can do the following:

<!--[Group(artist)]-->
    <DIV class=entry>
    <LI>
    <!--[GroupPageLink]--><!--[GroupField]-->??<!--[/GroupField]--><!--[/GroupPageLink]-->

Default Re: Browse by artist (CMI template)

Heh, should I assume this is not possible? or I am just too impatient

I use the CMI Template also David.And just want to say I like how you have yours set up.Might have to take some Ideas from that.

[url]http://www.funkycapricorn.com[/url]

I am going to read over this later again and mess around with the Template.I have not worked on my website in sooo long.Just been kinda busy. :-/

See if we can not figure this out.

;D Just basically wanted to say I like the way it is looking. ;D

* Wait.You went and changed your site since last night.Now I really have to read over this again. *

Heh. aside from having a two column listing of albums, and 3 column listing of artists, the only change I have made to the standard CMI template is a few cosmetic things

The www site is running from my home machine so... I tend to change it fairly often

so far... no joy :P

I'm guessing I need another [group] section in order to link to a group page. The problem... restricting the artist list to only starting with the proper letter.

The second problem will require an [if] tag on some variable. The question... what variable?

[quote=David Dunlap]I am using a slightly modified CMI Template and want to have a "browse by artist" on the ::group/web page. Right now I just see all the artists start with <insert letter>.

Above that I want to see a list of artist names starting with that letter, followed by the standard list of albums by artists whose names begin with that letter. I believe funkycapricorn has a similar setup on his site.

My problem... I can do the following:

<!--[Group(artist)]-->

ok Thanks for the response. Yah, the second question was contingent on the first being allowed