Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lyrics import template

Default lyrics import template

somebody, give me some help on making a simple template. what i want it to show is: arist, album title, tracklist and lyrics for the whole album. it must look like this:
    [url]http://johnsonbl4.hotbox.ru/Vomitory%20-%20Redemption.htm[/url]

here's what i managed to make up:
    [url]http://johnsonbl4.hotbox.ru/Lyrics.DAX[/url]

what i can't do is:
    1. Artist, xxxx(release date). "Album title" - in the title bar.
    2. links between track titles in track list and lyrics (if there are lyrics - lyrics not available or the track is instrumental - i don't need the links).
    3. track titles written in capital letters
    4. different color for titles, track listing and lyrics
    5. the last line on the page.

any ideas?

Default Re: lyrics import template

Hey, man, just download the CMI Style template - it shows you exactly how to use <!--[if(TrackLyrics)]--> tags etc... better than I ever could.

i think, that template is too overloaded. i want none of those options, or sorting, of everything like that. only colors should be customable. and i'm not good at html, so i just don't understand what most of the tags in that template stand for. yesterday i worked on it, and solved a couple of questions, so what is left is:

1. Artist, xxxx(release date). "Album title" - in the title bar (though i made it possible to enter manually before the htm page compiles, i'd prefer it to be done automatically).

2. links between track titles in track list and lyrics (if there are lyrics - lyrics not available or the track is instrumental - i don't need the links).

4. color 1 for album title and lyrics and color 2 for artist, track listing, track titles and the last line.

has anybody else to say anything?

one more thing: i can't insert two <br> between the lyrics. well, i can insert it, but they just won't work. there is just one empty line between the tracks... ???

Between <head> and </head> you want:

<title><!--[Artist/]--> <!--[Year/]--> - <!--[Title/]--></title>

Which would give you something like this
    [url]http://www.jimmymook.com/Music/c10af610.htm[/url]

except that I don't have the year of release in my title bar.

is ANYBODY going to help? i managed to do almost everything, exept for three different fonts for artist and album name, track list and track tittles and lyrics...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonbl4
    is ANYBODY going to help? i managed to do almost everything, exept for three different fonts for artist and album name, track list and track tittles and lyrics...
    Ok buddy I am going to look over this Thread and see if I can help out in any way.It seems kalowski has helped out....or at least tryed.

I know it can get frustrating around here.There is only a few of us that use this Program and I brought quite a bit of them.As everybody knows I post alot on here and trust me sometimes it feels like I am Posting to myself.

We are a small Family but we seem to get by ok.

*FC is Drunk.*

FC 8)

OK... Here's that lyric thing
    <!--[if(lyrics)]-->
    <!--[tracklink]--><!--[tracktitle/]--><!--[/tracklink]--> &amp;nbsp;
    <!--[else]-->
    <!--[tracktitle/]--> &amp;nbsp;<i>
    <!--[/if]-->
    But you then need an .htm template called something_track

THEN...if you want different font for different things just add a <font> tag in front of each thing

one more thing: i can't insert two <br> between the lyrics. well, i can insert it, but they just won't work. there is just one empty line between the tracks... ???
    Try <br>&amp;nbsp;<br> instead of <br><br>. This will make an empty line.

1. Artist, xxxx(release date). "Album title" - in the title bar (though i made it possible to enter manually before the htm page compiles, i'd prefer it to be done automatically).
    In your album template, replace <title>.... whatever ....</title> with this:

<title><!--[artist/]--><!--[if(releasedate)]-->, <!--[releasedate/]--><!--[/if]-->. <!--[title/]--></title>

Unfortunately, this is not possible yet. Future version will definitely support this kind of linking.

4. color 1 for album title and lyrics and color 2 for artist, track listing, track titles and the last line.
    Use the following HTML for changing color of the text:

<font color=green> .... your colored text goes here .... </font>

Replace 'green' with any color you need. You can also use RGB notation, for example: #FFFF00 for yellow (red=FF, green=FF, blue=00).