Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using a "play" button in HTML output.

Guest Guest

Default Re: Using a "play" button in HTML output

Just got 5.1, and i'm very dissapointed, no <!--[trackfilename/]--> tag . Is there any chance it'll come out soon?

;D Well.....give us your Website and let us test it out.We need to Beta Test this before it can be added to Orange.And also you need to Sign up and stop being a Guest. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by terminator
    Just got 5.1, and i'm very dissapointed, no <!--[trackfilename/]--> tag . Is there any chance it'll come out soon?
    Hi guys,

I am sorry for the confusion, but I had to pull this tag from the final 5.1.0 build because it caused more problems than it solved. I will strive to add this feature to the next beta or even private build. I'll keep this thread informed.

Andrei

mmm.... registery goodness

As for putting it on the web, theres no point, as none of the play links would work once the pages leave my computer. The easiest thing would be if you could change the commandline i made to suit your mp3 (and folder) naming scheme. Then just try it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by terminator
    mmm.... registery goodness

As for putting it on the web, theres no point, as none of the play links would work once the pages leave my computer. The easiest thing would be if you could change the commandline i made to suit your mp3 (and folder) naming scheme. Then just try it yourself.

:-/ You mean the only People that can Play the Songs off your Website is the People at your PC?

I was talking about a 24 Hour Jukebox Online where anybody could Play Songs from your Website.Guess I need to go get that Program and show you.

If I am haveing People over they can just use Orange the Program.That is why I Pushed so hard this year for Queueing up Songs and Playing whole Albums. :-/

But I guess I see what you are saying.It is easier for People to use a Website.

FC 8)

AAHhh, what you;re thinking of is a streaming radio type thing, in which people can browse your collection and stream it from your computer. I have a program that does that, but it isn;t as pretty as OrangeCD is. Also, i'll only be using this on my computer, so i onoly need an offline database.

For streaming music over a lan etc, try this program. [url]http://edna.sourceforge.net[/url]

Guest Guest

I've used the same type of href-link and added a few lines of vbs code to fix the lacking 0 in track numbers under 10.

Of course you have to turn your web pages into asp pages. But it works fine. You could of course do the same with javascript/jsp.

Here's an example:
    '\ Add 0 to track numbers under 10
    If strTrackNum < 10 Then
    '\ Max 36 characters in iTunes track file name
    strTrackTitle = Trim(Mid("0<!--[tracknum/]--> <!--[tracktitle/]-->",1,36))
    Else
    '\ Max 36 characters in iTunes track file name
    strTrackTitle = Trim(Mid("<!--[tracknum/]--> <!--[tracktitle/]-->",1,36))
    End If

iTunes also adds <# in set> to the track file name when the album is part of a CD set, so I've added some more code to be able to handle CD sets.

Hello
    I'm currently using 5.2 but it seems that the
    <!--[path/]-->\<!--[trackfilename/]--> tags is still missing, or do i something wrong ???

Yes, it is still missing. Take a look at the 'Create a Play Button in Html Script' thread, if you're looking for a way to add a play button.
    ([url]http://www.firetongue.com/boards/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=dax;action=display;num=1087293557;st art=4#4[/url])

Guest Guest

Well my personal solution is, I have all my music folders in the web root then i make winamp playlist of each album as well as each track then i link the main album artwork to the album playlist and link each track to there respective song playlist.

This way I may listen to an entire album or sample a song from the album.

On the main page i link my favorite and genre playlist for jukeboxing.

I use Firefox browser and assign winamp as the default program to open.

In this manner I am able to be mobile with this external hard drive as the music never leaves root.

I also look forward to .APE support ;-)