PDA

View Full Version : OrangeCD Alternatives

Poohbear
01-13-2018, 10:57 AM
First of all, OrangeCD has been the best software for my collection for ever, but since windows update it's running extremely slow. So I was wondering if there's a good alternative out there. I know I really shouldn't be asking for rivals software, but with no updates since April 2016 I feel I've no option but to move.
If there is such an option would I be able to import/export from OrangeCD?

Balok
01-17-2018, 01:17 AM
First of all, OrangeCD has been the best software for my collection for ever, but since windows update it's running extremely slow. This is not a problem with OrangeCD. It is a problem caused by the update. There are two exploits, MELTDOWN and SPECTRE, that can be use by hackers to have a look at your processor's internal memory. Microsoft released a patch in the latest update that attempts to close this exploit, but it also slows most computers down.

cyberstasz1
11-01-2018, 04:20 AM
Yes, I too feel the same as Poohbear. The graphics and layout could be updated/freshened but nothing in 2.5 years. It is not looking good at this point. I am looking at a new desktop build this winter and will migrate to it. Without hopes of an update or signs of continuation of the software I don't think I will continue to invest my time in something that is going to eventually die. Anyone else have any comments or suggestions?

Jazz_North
11-01-2018, 10:38 PM
I use several pieces of software (not OCD) that are more than 20 years old. I use them because they work fine and because there is nothing better. I don't see any need for fancy graphics and I got what I want in the layout by learning how to customise OCD (it's pretty simple). I have looked at other programs and they lack so many features that OCD has, that they are basically useless.

vinylmaster
01-05-2019, 04:51 AM
I'm still using OCD after all these many years...If there was something better than OCD, I'd probably be using it, but I haven't found anything yet...I've even recommended it to my audiophile friends, because of all the features! The database is getting crazy huge, though...