PDA

View Full Version : Album View

Katzz
02-24-2011, 05:34 PM
When I open up the Album view I have some 50+ blank entries... I have tried to re-sync the database but it didn't change anything.
Here is a link to what I am talking about.
http://www.racksandtags.com/katzz/albums/?c=50

andrei_c
02-26-2011, 08:14 PM
When I open up the Album view I have some 50+ blank entries... I have tried to re-sync the database but it didn't change anything.
Here is a link to what I am talking about.
http://www.racksandtags.com/katzz/albums/?c=50

I am investigating. There may be a problem with upload feature - if so, I'll provide update quickly.

Katzz
02-26-2011, 08:42 PM
Thanks Andrei, just so you know it has been like that for some time but I thought it might be an error in my own database so I have been trying to fix it from my end... I haven't been real successful in finding the problem. This isn't real urgent so no need to hurry if you don't have time.

kurt74
02-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Hi Katzz,
sorry for the OT, i found in your collection that you have "Nirvana" artist and "Nirvana Singles Box" artist. It is an error or you use this trick for the Box-set limitation in OrangeCD ?

I insert this box in this way http://www.racksandtags.com/kurt74/3248099/Nirvana-Singles but it is not possible view the single cover.
thanks

Katzz
02-27-2011, 12:39 AM
Hi Katzz,
sorry for the OT, i found in your collection that you have "Nirvana" artist and "Nirvana Singles Box" artist. It is an error or you use this trick for the Box-set limitation in OrangeCD ?

I insert this box in this way http://www.racksandtags.com/kurt74/3248099/Nirvana-Singles but it is not possible view the single cover.
thanks

Thanks for pointing that out... it is an error. I usually do things in the same format that you have but I do have several errors in my collection. These I am always sorting out, and since the collection is so large I don't always find the mistakes.

Right now I am redoing the album art but fixing other problems as I come across them as well.

Thanks again,
Katzz

Katzz
03-08-2011, 02:59 AM
Any progress on this yet Andei?

Katzz
03-13-2011, 11:00 PM
I am wondering if these are possibly remastered albums that are being detected as a duplicate. Will check try and check it out.

Just wondering is there any way that I can set up OCD to allow for duplicates?

Katzz
03-25-2011, 04:25 AM
A little help here andrei?

I have tried to figure this problem out but I don't have anymore ideas.

frederf
03-25-2011, 07:27 PM
I see you are still waiting..

There is probably not much we can do to help without seeing your actual database... but it probably has something to do with the actual data.

I had a problem different from yours, but the problem was in the artist profile data... all I can suggest while you wait for Andrei is to look at all the fields in a good album with those in an album that is showing as blank on R&T. Oh.. but I guess you really don't know what they are do you?

Have you tried an advanced search of your data with artist = blank?

Fred

Katzz
03-25-2011, 10:37 PM
yeah I tried that, I have been trying everything possible from my end to figure it out but I am at a loss. I am wondering if it is possible that the file uploaded is corrupt... but it seems I am having trouble getting a response from those that can look at that.

I know I said no hurry but....

andrei_c
03-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Katzz,

I cleaned up erroneous entries from your album list. Please do a full sync now (as in View -> Preferences -> Racks and Tags -> Force full synchrnization...).

If empty entries will reappear, it means the problem is in your database and we'll work from there.

Andrei

Katzz
03-27-2011, 01:25 AM
Did a full sync and that seems to have worked... Great! I am really happy now.

Katzz
03-28-2011, 01:56 AM
Now the problem is back but this time I think I know why. It seems that when I delete albums sometimes they remain in the list but as an empty row. I tried to re-sync the whole library and it doesn't fix the problem. Now it seemed to stop at 74 blank entries before but I can't be sure of it, just thought I would mention that as potentially it may help.

andrei_c
03-29-2011, 04:40 PM
So the problem seems to be in local database. I will be happy to investigate why deletion results in empty entries. Feel free to send me your database or excerpt from it to orangecd@firetongue.com.

Andrei

Katzz
03-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Actually I strongly disagree, if it were the local database the initial sync would have brought back 74 blank spaces just like it was before you deleted them at your end. But it didn't, in fact when I did a resync it showed no spaces. It wasn't until I deleted and or replaced some entries again that the spaces start coming back. I believe, even though I am not a programmer, that the problem has to be within the communication between the systems. It seems like the software you have on your system at Racks and Tags doesn't recognize that some albums have been changed or deleted.

I wonder too if it has to do with the name of the album being the same. I have been improving the quality of some of the older stuff I have and replacing them. I delete the item and then rescan it. I found this the best way to do this rather than to a rescan because for some reason I have noticed the bitrates are incorrect when I rescan.

Anyway I am sending you an email with my database right away, anyways.

I could be wrong, but it makes sense to me.