PDA

View Full Version : Subgenres

Jefki
10-13-2009, 12:17 AM
Does someone knows how to hide the "subgenre" information? I have so many files taggeds with musicmatch and it all gets the subgenre "other" making confuse to navigate between the albuns. Last thing I want is to change all the tags.

Thanks

Jazz_North
10-15-2009, 01:42 AM
Genre and Sub-genre are not separate fields in the database even though they are entered in different boxes on the album properties form. I believe they are both in a Field referenced as Genre in the templates, separated by a delimiter that I am reasonably sure is ;. It is possible to reference them differently in a template using Javascript. The Green template has a Javascript to do this.

If you wanted to delete Other as a value of the field it might (emphasis might) be simpler than you might think. If Other only appears in the subgenre half of the field you could try the following:

Query > Advanced Search
Select Genre in Field:
Select Contains in Condition:
Enter Other in Value:
Click add to list
Click search
View > View > Table
Select all the entries (click on first, hold shift scroll down, click on last; there isn't a select all button)
Right click in the window
Select properties
Go to Library tab
If the Sub-genre box has Other in it, just delete it, click OK and you have done it
If the Sub-genre box has (various) in it, this won't work and I have nothing to offer you

Does someone knows how to hide the "subgenre" information? I have so many files taggeds with musicmatch and it all gets the subgenre "other" making confuse to navigate between the albuns. Last thing I want is to change all the tags.

Thanks

Jefki
10-22-2009, 09:15 PM
Just deleted as you said, It worked. Thanks

Genre and Sub-genre are not separate fields in the database even though they are entered in different boxes on the album properties form. I believe they are both in a Field referenced as Genre in the templates, separated by a delimiter that I am reasonably sure is ;. It is possible to reference them differently in a template using Javascript. The Green template has a Javascript to do this.

If you wanted to delete Other as a value of the field it might (emphasis might) be simpler than you might think. If Other only appears in the subgenre half of the field you could try the following:

Query > Advanced Search
Select Genre in Field:
Select Contains in Condition:
Enter Other in Value:
Click add to list
Click search
View > View > Table
Select all the entries (click on first, hold shift scroll down, click on last; there isn't a select all button)
Right click in the window
Select properties
Go to Library tab
If the Sub-genre box has Other in it, just delete it, click OK and you have done it
If the Sub-genre box has (various) in it, this won't work and I have nothing to offer you