PDA

View Full Version : Survey! How many of you have own websites?

andrei_c
02-05-2009, 01:07 AM
Hi folks,

We certainly have some critical mass of users registered on Racks and Tags already. Things are looking pretty well, so we consider adding some integration features that will allow you to embed Racks and Tags updates in your website.

This very informal survey will make some decisions easier for us, so please take a minute to respond.

1) Do you have your own website? (yes/no)

2) Would you be interested in embedding some of the information in your Racks and Tags database in your website, and what kind of information:

- your top artists
- recently purchased albums
- recently played albums
- new album ratings
- multiple choices/all of the above?

3) What method of embedding would you prefer:

- WordPress widget
- generic JavaScript widget
- swf
- something else (json, xml)?
- "I don't know what you are talking about, give me the simplest method possible!"

4) any other comments?

You can respond either here or by commenting this blog post (http://blog.racksandtags.com/2009/02/04/survey-how-many-of-you-have-own-websites/).

Thanks for your input!
Andrei

dyet
02-08-2009, 10:23 AM
1) Yes www.ProgGuy.com

2) That would be a great idea!... What would be useful to me are;
New Added Albums
New album ratings
Stats of database...ie. Grand totals of the database, Statistics (Aritsts & Genre) would be useful

3) generic Javascript widget, similiar to Flickr slideshow, is very handy and simple...maybe it could show the album covers?

4) what I think might be interesting is embedding the artist cloud?

Thanks! :D
Dave
www.racksandtags.com/dyet

johnlennon2
02-08-2009, 02:17 PM
1. Yes (sort of) http://johnlennon2.tumblr.com/ It's a blog I occasionally post to. Also http://www.racksandtags.com/nowheremen22/

2. Top Artists and stats from the collection

3. I'm not really sure about this stuff. I say easier the better. ;-)

4. All this would be great, but I can't seem to get my stuff to upload to R&T. When I hit "upload now" it tells me "A connection to the server cannot be established". The log just says, "Connecting to www.racksandtags.com". Any ideas Andrei?

edit: the version I'm using is 6.2.8.13331

andrei_c
02-12-2009, 02:34 AM
4. All this would be great, but I can't seem to get my stuff to upload to R&T. When I hit "upload now" it tells me "A connection to the server cannot be established". The log just says, "Connecting to www.racksandtags.com". Any ideas Andrei?
If it persists (try again in 15 minutes), then it is probably because firewall software blocks OrangeCD from accessing the web service. You need to configure firewall to allow OrangeCD Catalog (dadbapp.exe) access websites.

Andrei

johnlennon2
02-17-2009, 06:57 PM
If it persists (try again in 15 minutes), then it is probably because firewall software blocks OrangeCD from accessing the web service. You need to configure firewall to allow OrangeCD Catalog (dadbapp.exe) access websites.

Andrei

Andrei- I tried this and nothing. I went into my winxp security center and clicked firewall and under exceptions I added dadbapp.exe. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

andrei_c
02-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Andrei- I tried this and nothing. I went into my winxp security center and clicked firewall and under exceptions I added dadbapp.exe. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

Can you post full connection log? You can find it in Session Log tab of the error message.

Andrei

johnlennon2
02-18-2009, 02:43 AM
Can you post full connection log? You can find it in Session Log tab of the error message.

Andrei

All it says is, "Connecting to www.racksandtags.com". Is it supposed to say more?

johnlennon2
03-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Andrei- Have you been able to come up with a solution to this problem. I still can't upload to my R&T account. Thanks

andrei_c
03-08-2009, 04:53 PM
Andrei- Have you been able to come up with a solution to this problem. I still can't upload to my R&T account. Thanks

Can you check if your browser uses proxy to access website? If so, you will need to configure OrangeCD to use same proxy configuration. For example, you can open proxy config in IE using menu Tools -> Internet Options, Connections tab, LAN settings.

Whatever the problem is, it is somewhere in your PC config. We need to figure out what blocks OrangeCD from accessing the website.

Andrei